Chattanooga truly is a city that has been reborn and transformed.
Chattanooga, Tenn. (PRWEB) July 29, 2014
The Chattanooga Choo Choo announced that they are planning a $8 million renovation and restoration project. The complex will include a comedy club, 500-capacity music/entertainment venue, retail space and two new restaurants with outdoor patio seating off of Market and 14th streets. The project will also include $1 million to be invested in renovating the hotel rooms in Building One.
“We will bring the building back to its early historical form, showcasing the original architectural elements,” said Jon Kinsey, Managing Partner of the Chattanooga Choo Choo. “By returning the historic building to its original open floor plan, we will honor the past while creating new and exciting attractions in the heart of Chattanooga.”
The Chattanooga Choo Choo is the city’s largest hotel with 363 rooms. The hotel is also the grandest and most historic, with the Beaux Arts masterpiece that was built by the Southern Railway. It was completed in 1909 and served as a bustling rail center known as the Terminal Station.
“We’re incredibly excited about this investment that the Choo Choo is making in our city. This new entertainment district adds to the flavor of Chattanooga and creates a place where people can eat, be entertained and spend the night, said Bob Doak, President & CEO of the Chattanooga Convention & Visitors Bureau. “This project adds to the many reasons that make our community so appealing. It’s great to have so many dedicated people who are investing their own dollars to make this city even better. Chattanooga truly is a city that has been reborn and transformed.”
The new complex will include:
- SAM’S All American Sports Bar and Grill – Voted the “best sports bar” for the last 13 years by readers of the Nashville Scene Magazine, SAM’S will be located just off the newly renovated lobby.
- The Comedy Catch – Chattanooga’s premier comedy club, home to some of the country’s greatest comedians, is moving from its longtime Brainerd location to the new complex. They will be celebrating their 30th anniversary with the scheduled 2015 opening.
- Blue Fish Oyster Bar – Located next door to SAM’S, this four-star dining experience will feature an extensive menu of fresh seafood dishes and a breathtaking atmosphere.
- Music Venue – Complementing Track 29, the city’s most popular entertainment venue, the new 500-person venue will be located down from The Comedy Catch on 14th Street in one of the city’s stateliest historic buildings. The venue will be managed by Track 29 and will feature a mix of country, southern rock, indie and world-class bluegrass by some of the world’s top musicians.
- Retail – Additional retail space will be available around the Chattanooga Choo Choo complex.
Construction is set to begin on Friday, August 1, 2014 with completion expected in the spring of 2015.
Press release can be shared here: http://www.chattanoogafun.com/chattanooga-choo-choo-8-million-project.