Lighthouse Masonry Wins Multiple Contracts Across Massachusetts
Lighthouse Masonry, one of New England's largest masonry contractors, recently landed six major projects in Massachusetts.
New Bedford (PRWEB) July 31, 2014
Lighthouse Masonry Inc. was recently selected as the masonry contractor on six high-profile projects across Massachusetts, including three college campus expansions, two apartment buildings and a large fitness center.
“The ability of Lighthouse Masonry to take on these six, large projects is a testament to our skilled employees who have the experience to ensure high-quality results and total customer satisfaction,” said Alan Alves, CEO of the New Bedford-based Lighthouse Masonry, one of the largest masonry contractors in New England online at http://www.lighthousemasonry.com.
The new projects include:
University Station – Lighthouse will perform the masonry on two apartment buildings and a parking garage, as well as a fitness center, at this mixed-use development of retail, residential, office and hotel uses in Westwood, adjacent to the Route 128 Amtrak and MBTA commuter rail station. The masonry work by Lighthouse will include construction of concrete masonry unit walls for the parking garage and 60,000 square-feet of brick/castone veneer. In the landscape, Lighthouse will install extensive landscaping walls and site improvements. In addition, Lighthouse will construct the CMU walls and stone veneers on a Lifetime Fitness facility. University Station is being developed by The Hanover Company.
- Curry College – Lighthouse will construct the CMU walls and veneers of brick, castone and natural stone on a new dormitory at Curry College. The new building is being built under a two-month timetable by Suffolk University during the college’s summer break.
- Auburn Middle School – Lighthouse has been selected as the masonry contractor on the new Auburn Middle School by general contractor Fontaine Bros. The masonry work by Lighthouse will include construction of CMU walls and veneers of brick and castone.
- Regis College – The new Maria Hall at Regis College, built by general contractor Suffolk University, will include CMU walls and brick, castone and limestone veneers constructed by Lighthouse.
- Nichols College – Lighthouse will construct the CMU walls and brick and granite veneers for a new academic center at Nichols College in Dudley. The general contractor if F.W. Madigan Company, Inc.
- Greenfield Trial Court – General contractor Whiting Turner has selected Lighthouse to construct the CMU walls and brick-castone, limestone and granite veneers on a new court building in Greenfield.
A family business, Lighthouse employs 130 masons, laborers, welders, mechanics and office personnel. Its portfolio includes CMU structures and masonry veneers for commercial, office, medical, academic and housing uses. A state-certified contractor, Lighthouse’s bond rating for a single project is $15 million and for multiple projects is $45 million.
With extensive experience in both the private and public construction market, Lighthouse is an award-winning corporation, having been recognized for its commitment to the environment by the U.S. Green Building Council and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.