Solvang, California (PRWEB) July 31, 2014
The hottest months for California are now here. Heat related illness is increasing and there have even been fatalities. With temperatures reaching 90 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit, heat exhaustion and heat stroke can sneak up on California residents if they are not prepared or informed. Tri Cities Best Heating and Air cares about the safety of Californians and is offering these free heat safety tips and urges that all residents read them, follow them, and share them.
1. Cool your home dependably. The most important tool for a home during the summer is an air conditioner. Making sure it functions properly and is well maintained will prevent the system from stopping all of a sudden, leaving home owners without a relief from scorching heat. Tri Cities Best Heating and Air offers everything relating to air conditioning Solvang California residents can trust for AC repair and services.
2. Drink plenty of water. It is a common mistake that someone out in the heat only drinks water while sweating outside. It is just as important to prepare for a heat wave and drink water before, during, and after the high heat.
3. Eat light meals. Heavy meals can dehydrate, while lighter meals with plenty of water can provide the nutrition needed while staying hydrated.
4. Never leave pets or children in a parked car. It would be wise to not leave anyone in the car, for that matter. This causes serious heat illness and fatalities.
5. Wear light clothes. Light clothes will help keep the body cool. A white t-shirt is ideal.
6. Use better judgment. Stay out of the direct sun and limit activities. Reschedule work or trips, if needed, to avoid ending up in the hospital.
7. Watch children, pets, the elderly, and anyone with medical conditions closely. Make sure the above rules are being followed, especially by people with sensitivity to the heat, such as an infant.
Even in this heat, a fun summer can be had if the above tips are followed. Using common sense and intuition, sharing this information and helping out fellow California residents can help save lives.
About Tri Cities Best Heating and Air
Located in Solvang, California, Tri Cities Best Heating and Air is an HVAC company known for their quality, service, and experience. It is a family-owned and operated company that offers excellent customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are licensed, bonded and fully insured, and accredited by the Better Business Bureau.