We are honored by the commitment of these new board members and all our existing volunteer leaders to the critical mission of improving the patient experience.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) July 31, 2014
The Beryl Institute announces three new members of its Patient Experience Executive Board and four new members of its Patient Experience Advisory Board, further strengthening its role as the global community of practice and premier thought leader on improving the patient experience in healthcare.
Executive board members are industry leaders who advise on strategy, growth opportunities and future plans, and provide valuable insight into market and industry trends. The advisory board provides input on the direction of the Institute. Members are current patient experience leaders or individuals with significant expertise in the area of service excellence or patient experience.
Joining the original nine healthcare leaders on the Patient Experience Executive Board, the new members include:
- Michael Bennick, M.D., M.A., FACP, Associate Chief of Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Conn.
- Pam Guler, MHA, FACHE, VP Chief Patient Experience Officer, Adventist Health System, Altamonte Springs, Fla.
- Tony Padilla, Chief Experience Officer, UCLA Health System, Los Angeles, Cali.
Guler and Padilla previously served on the Patient Experience Advisory Board.
Joining the other 14 healthcare leaders on the Patient Experience Advisory Board, the new members include:
- Nicole Bailey, Director, Patient & Guest Experience, Laurel Regional Hospital, Laurel, Md.
- Larry Brown, M.D., Medical Director Service, Mission & Community, Alegent Creighton Clinic, Omaha, Neb.
- Sven Gierlinger, Chief Experience Officer, North Shore LIJ Health System, New Hyde Park, N.Y.
- Shawn R. Smith, Vice President, Patient Experience, Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, Del.
“At The Beryl Institute, we strive to engage the broadest range of voices to expand the reach and impact of the organization and its resources,” said Jason Wolf, President of The Beryl Institute. “We are honored by the commitment of these new board members and all our existing volunteer leaders to the critical mission of improving the patient experience.”
To view the full list of members and learn more about The Beryl Institute’s Patient Experience Executive Board and Patient Experience Advisory Board, visit: http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=EXECBOARD and http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=ADVBOARD.
About The Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice and premier thought leader on improving patient experience in healthcare. The Institute is committed to improving the patient experience by serving as a resource for shared information and proven practices, an incubator of research and new ideas and a connector of leaders and practitioners. The Institute is uniquely positioned to develop and publicize cutting-edge concepts focused on improving the patient experience, touching thousands of healthcare executives and patients.
The Beryl Institute defines the patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.