The classroom management strategies in Rick Smith’s webinar and LumiBook can help educators in any classroom, school or system positively impact student learning and success.
Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) July 31, 2014
School Improvement Network, the leader in educator effectiveness resources, today announced a free webinar showing classroom management strategie s to positively impact student learning with education expert Rick Smith. Smith will offer insights into some of the classroom management strategies in his new LumiBook, “Conscious Classroom Management: Unlocking the Secrets of Great Teaching, Second Edition.”
“Effective classroom management is essential to creating an environment where all students can master the 21st century skills they need to be prepared for college and career,” said Chet D. Linton, CEO and president of School Improvement Network. “The classroom management strategies in Rick Smith’s webinar and LumiBook can help educators in any classroom, school or system positively impact student learning and success.”
In this education webinar, educators will learn dozens of practical strategies that they can implement beginning on day one, including:
- Three keys to increasing consistency
- Three teacher assumptions that invite student cooperation
- Five nonverbal procedures to save time and motivate your students
- How to succeed with difficult students
- How to discipline students from across the room
- How and when to use consequences
- How to grow inner authority
- How to “hold your ground” in ways that invite student cooperation
- A variety of "nuts and bolts" that are vital for classroom survival
- Practical approaches for motivating your reluctant learners
- Strategies that result in reduced anxiety and a fresher, more positive approach to teaching
The webinar will be held Wednesday, August 20, at 3 p.m. EST.
About School Improvement Network
Founded in 1991 by teachers, School Improvement Network has spent decades researching and documenting the best practices in education. From this research, School Improvement Network has developed Edivation, a personalized professional learning solution for educators. Research shows that districts and schools that use the tools in Edivation produce better teachers and, as a result, experience dramatic increases in student achievement, driving up student proficiency by an average of 18 percent in a single year when compared to neighboring schools. School Improvement Network works with thousands of schools and districts in every state and around the world and has visited over 3,500 classrooms to document best practices in action. Learn more at http://www.schoolimprovement.com.
School Improvement Network and its logos are trademarks of School Improvement Network. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.