Websites are visual experiences. We believe, to be truly intuitive, the website design process should be just the same, so that the most creative designers have the freedom to design in an entirely visual way. Freeway 7 is our best work yet.
Oxford, United Kingdom (PRWEB) July 31, 2014
Softpress (http://www.softpress.com) has announced the exciting release of its popular web design software Freeway 7 Pro, which now features responsive design for creating websites that automatically adapt to display for any device. With its easy and intuitive ‘page layout approach,’ Freeway Pro is the powerful web design tool for Mac OS X that enables users to design, build and publish beautiful, professional-quality websites and e-mail newsletters without the necessity for coding or HTML knowledge – and now Freeway 7 includes more flexibility than ever before.
Freeway 7 now offers responsive web design, which means that web designers can easily create sites that will adapt as needed to display for the correct devices, from phones and tablets, to laptops and more. It’s a vital task in today’s world, where an enormous amount of web surfing is accomplished on mobile devices, and thanks to Freeway 7, it’s now easy to accommodate those different device layouts for a site without the use of separate pages for each device.
Freeway 7's easy WYSIWYG approach on the Mac OS X platform means that anyone can begin designing for the web in minutes. Users can create stunning original websites and e-mail newsletters without having to code, simply by manipulating 'box elements' of text, images or videos as needed. Freeway 7 then automatically translates these elements into the necessary code for publishing to the web (or to e-mail newsletter format) automatically.
“We’re excited to announce the launch of Freeway 7, continuing our tradition of offering the easiest tools for the toughest jobs,” comments Joe Billings, Softpress Managing Director. “Websites are visual experiences. We believe, to be truly intuitive, the website design process should be just the same, so that the most creative designers have the freedom to design in an entirely visual way. Freeway 7 is our best work yet.”
Freeway 7 also continues to make it easy for users to incorporate dynamic functionality such as e-commerce, multimedia, and navigation menus to sites, maximizing all of the latest technologies available to web designers along with surprising flexibility and customization.
Exciting new features offered in Freeway 7 include:
- Responsive web design: Easily create sites that display perfectly across all devices, from phones and tablets, to laptops and more. Learn more about the responsive web design features in Freeway 7 in this helpful Softpress video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUp2YQUXc7U.
- Automatically generated navigation menus: Creating site navigation is now as simple as drawing a box! Freeway 7 then generates a navigation menu containing all the pages in your site completely automatically.
- Improved search engine optimization and social network integration: Easily add descriptions, images, and other information to be used by Google, Facebook and Twitter to each of your pages to maximize your site’s visibility across search engines and social networks.
- Greater options for visually stunning table designs: Freeway 7’s new styling tools will enable you to add candy striping effects, transparency, and fine-tuned control over table cell borders, without having to rely on complex custom CSS.
- Additional new features: These include the addition of productivity enhancements such as keyboard shortcuts and complete keyboard navigation around items and pages, speeding up site generation even better than before.
Freeway 7 requires Mac OS X (10.6.8 or later).
Pricing & Availability:
Freeway 7 is priced for purchase at $149.99 USD, or as an upgrade (from Freeway 5+ Express and Pro) at $75 USD.
With the launch of Freeway 7, Freeway Express (the simplified version of the Freeway web design software) will now be available for download completely free. Both Freeway 7 and Freeway Express are available now from the Softpress website. Please visit http://www.softpress.com for more information.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, Softpress was founded in 1993 to address the emerging needs of professional publishers and designers for new media authoring tools. For more information on Softpress, please visit their website at http://www.softpress.com. The release of Freeway 7 marks the latest in their line of award-winning visual web design applications.
For more information on the release of Freeway 7, or for review copies, images or to inquire about interviews with Softpress Managing Director Joe Billings, please contact Angela Mitchell at news(at)paranoidpr(dot)com or +1 (904) 982-8043.