Nashville, TN (PRWEB) August 02, 2014
WHAT: Press Conference
WHERE: Online – Click here for full press conference video.
WHEN: Friday, August 1, 2014
Nashville declared SurvivorVille on National Survivors Day June 7, 2015! Nashville’s Mayor Karl Dean makes official announcement at press conference in front of hundreds of women cancer survivors.
Cancer is a line in the sand of life. If it was cured tomorrow, more than 1.5 million women would be spared a diagnosis every year. But the more than 7 million women survivors in America will continue to face post treatment issues they never expected. The impact of the disease doesn't end just because treatment does.
Helping women learn to navigate the muddy waters of survivorship and re-enter their lives as contributing members of their families and society as a whole is the mission of the Women Survivors Alliance (WSA).
The WSA signature event, the National Women’s Survivors Convention (NWSC), achieves their mission in three vital ways:
- It allows survivors to network with one another, negating the feeling of isolation and creating a sense of community
- It provides survivors education, motivation and life application for every step of survivorship
- It equips survivors with the necessary resources to create and celebrate the 2nd Act of their lives.
In conjunction with the city of Nashville, the National Women Survivors Alliance will create “SURVIVOR Fest” which will be kicked off with Scott Hamilton, Olympic Gold Medalist, Cancer Survivor and the Honorary Chair for the event.
This high energy, life-altering weekend will bring together thousands of survivors, co-survivors, BFFs and their families to Nashville, TN. And it will occur in conjunction with the nationally proclaimed National Survivors Day (always the first Sunday in June).
The events will include:
- Networking and connecting as well as content focusing on education, motivation, and life application at Gaylord Opryland Resort.
- On Sunday, June 7, National Survivors Day, the NWSC will expand to famed downtown Nashville, where the city will officially become SURVIVORfest! and the convention will culminate in celebration. SURVIVORfest 2015 activities will include:
- The Celebrate Survivors 5K Run/Walk
- 50 Gathering Tents for survivors, representing each state
- Vendor and Resources booths (an extension of the NWSC’s Plum Life Expo)
- Plenty of free public entertainment
- A performance of “My 2nd Act: Survivor Stories from the Stage” and
- A National Survivors Day Salute to Survivors Concert, featuring some of the brightest stars in the Nashville sky (the weekend fabulously coincides with the 2015 Country Music Association (CMA) Festival).
For more information on SURVIVOR Fest 2015, please visit http://www.survivorville.org. For more information on the Women Survivors Alliance, please visit http://www.WomenSurvivorsAlliance.org. Media contact: SStewart(at)SheilaStewartPR(dot)com or 303.378.2022 cell.
# # #