NEW ALBANY, IN (PRWEB) August 27, 2014
A Gallup poll released earlier this year said that about 35 percent of Americans didn’t see a dentist last year, and Louisville cosmetic family dentist Dr. Ron Receveur wants those who don’t see a dentist regularly to know they are putting their overall health at risk.
“Research is very clear that there is a relationship between many chronic diseases and poor oral health,” Dr. Receveur said. “This is especially true as it relates to periodontal (gum) disease.”
The American Medical Association says that a “two-way street” exists between oral health and overall health.
To help convince more people to see a dentist regularly, Dr. Receveur offers these health risks of poor oral health:
1. Studies have linked premature birth and low birth weight to gum and bone disease.
2. There appears to be a link between the inflammation and infections caused by oral bacteria to cardiovascular disease such as stroke, heart disease and clogged arteries.
3. Those who lose teeth before 35 years old and those who have oral bacterial infections may be more prone to Alzheimer’s disease..
4. Bacteria from the mouth may increase the likelihood of developing endocarditis, or infection of the inner lining of your heart.
5. Studies have linked head-and-neck cancer and pancreatic cancer to oral bacteria.
6. People who have diabetes get more frequent and more severe gum infections. Gum infections also make it harder for diabetics to control their blood sugar levels.
Dr. Receveur, who practices in New Albany, Ind., across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., offers Louisville cosmetic dentistry services and general dentistry such as teeth cleanings, X-rays, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, teeth whitening and veneers.
Dr. Receveur also is an expert in more advanced implant dentistry like All on 4 dental implants, All on Six dental implants, mini dental implants, dental implants in one day, dental implants in one hour, bone grafting and sinus lifts, all with IV sedation dentistry.
Dr. Receveur offers a five-year warranty on all cosmetic and prosthetic work.
Dr. Receveur, a New Albany, native, has been the family dentist of choice for Southern Indiana and Louisville since 1981.
Dr. Receveur was born with a partial cleft palate that left him with a missing front tooth. As a child he “wore an awful removable partial.” As a teenager, Dr. Receveur received a permanent bridge, but his dentist destroyed one of his healthy, natural teeth in the process. These dental experiences helped drive him to find better dental solutions for his patients.
Dr. Receveur graduated from Indiana University Southeast with honors in chemistry, after which he earned his doctorate in Dental Surgery from the Indiana University School of Dentistry.
Dr. Receveur has attended more than 5,000 hours of postgraduate training and even gone to Portugal to study with the best dentists in the world. He has been awarded numerous advanced certifications in Implant, Sedation, Comprehensive, Restorative and Aesthetic dentistry so he may provide the most current dental techniques to his Louisville and New Albany dental patients.
Those looking for New Albany affordable cosmetic dentistry and other cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry should go to NewAlbanyImplants.com for more information.