Home automation is here to stay, especially now that automation systems are more affordable and less complex.
Orange, CA (PRWEB) August 06, 2014
The last several years have shown a spike in demand for home automation systems. According to a study conducted by ABI Research, 1.5 million home automation systems were installed in the U.S. in 2012, up almost 50% from 2011. That number is expected to increase to 12 million by 2016. Budget Blinds—a leading window covering franchise—is helping meet the demand with its full line of motorized window treatments powered by Somfy® Systems.
Home automation increases efficiency and safety within a home, saving consumers time and giving them peace of mind. Budget Blinds keeps with these fundamental benefits by allowing homeowners to open and close their window treatments with the touch of a button. Tracy Christman, Vice President of Vendor Alliance and window coverings expert at Budget Blinds, offers the following top 6 advantages to motorizing window coverings:
1. Privacy: You can program your window coverings to open in the day and close at night for privacy.
2. Convenience: Motorization is great for hard to reach windows or for rooms with several windows.
3. Extended Product Life: Motorization reduces the wear and tear that comes from manual operation.
4. Child-safety: Eliminates dangling window covering cords which can pose a hazard for small children and pets.
5. Energy-efficiency: You can program your window coverings to close when the sun is glaring to reduce solar heat gain, thus minimizing your dependence on air conditioning systems.
6. Light Control: From a remote control, you can open your window coverings to let in more light while reading, or close them to reduce the sun’s glare while watching your favorite show.
Almost all Budget Blinds window treatments can be motorized including shutters, blinds, shades and its Inspired Drapes® line of contemporary curtains and draperies. Motorized window treatment control options include timers, wall switches and remote controls.
“Home automation is here to stay, especially now that automation systems are more affordable and less complex,” said Tracy Christman. “Our motorized window coverings simplify operation so homeowners can live more productive lives.”
In order to encourage window treatment motorization amongst consumers, Budget Blinds has launched its Motorization Sale Event which runs from August 4rd through September 28th, 2014. The event lets homeowners save hundreds of dollars when they add motorization, plus, they will receive one free selected Signature Series® window covering with the purchase of three. For more information, and to schedule a complimentary in-home consultation, call (866) 590-6341.