SalesAgility Launches Ground Breaking Open Source SAAS Solution with SuiteCRM:OnDemand

Share Article

World's leading open source CRM project launches “you own it, we take care of it” SuiteCRM:OnDemand service.

News Image
The major SAAS vendors deliver Commodity Computing, at very high price points, and make it very difficult and very expensive for you to leave them.

SalesAgility today announced the availability of their Software as a Service (SAAS) platform, SuiteCRM:OnDemand, that heralds the era of CRM as Commodity Computing. SuiteCRM is the fork of SugarCRM that delivers all the core SugarCRM functionality and adds workflow, reports, quotes, products, event management, contracts, reporting and six other modules. SuiteCRM is a completely open source project.

In the world of Commodity Computing, vendors no longer hold the upper hand, customers do. The SuiteCRM:OnDemand service empowers customers by giving them ownership of the entire application and database and enabling them to download both and migrate at any time.

SalesAgility’s CEO, Greg Soper, explained the thinking behind the service. “Imagine a world where you had to rewire your entire office if you wanted to change electricity supplier. That's what happens with the major SAAS vendors. They deliver Commodity Computing, at very high price points, and make it very difficult and very expensive for you to leave them. SuiteCRM:OnDemand turns that concept on its head. We believe that it's your data and it's also your application. You own it, we take care of it. If you want a copy to host somewhere else or to migrate, take it, it's yours. There's no catch, no lock-in. It's simple, honest, open source.”

Soper believes that CRM is now in the era of Commodity Computing. "If you Google for CRM you'll find thousands of companies offering similar products. CRM has reached a maturity point where all the major applications like SalesForce and Dynamics do the same thing. They may differ slightly in approach and look and feel but the underlying processes that are being modelled are well understood and are the same for all the platforms. What differentiates the major vendors is the quality of their sales operations.

“What you're paying for is not software. It's the sales and marketing machines, the expensive advertising, the highly remunerated sales executives. It's estimated that around 80% of SalesForce's revenues goes on Sales and Marketing. That leaves 20% for product development. With open source software, the reverse is true. Most of the money goes into the software and customers can enjoy Commodity Computing at a fraction of the cost of the major vendors. Customers can also access all the source code and modify it at very reasonable costs”.

SuiteCRM:OnDemand competes functionally with SalesForce Enterprise and is priced at approximately one-seventh of the cost.

SuiteCRM’s client base profile spans diverse market sectors including Agriculture, Government, Manufacturing, Software Development, Distribution, Healthcare, Leisure, Real Estate, Not for Profit, Business Services, Timber & Forestry, Accountancy, Legal, Technology, Solar, Entertainment, Security and Membership/Events. Clients in these sectors include governments, large enterprises and SMBs.

About SalesAgility:

SalesAgility Ltd is an ISO 9001 accredited professional services consultancy engaged in transforming the business needs of its clients into robust and elegant CRM software solutions. SalesAgility are the authors of SuiteCRM and keepers of the vision of enterprise-class open source CRM.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Greg Soper

Greg Soper
SalesAgility Ltd
+44 (0) 1786 585 499
Email >
since: 07/2009
Follow >
Like >

Visit website