Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) August 12, 2014
The Heart Course: Emergency, a 4 day live Continuing Medical Education (CME) meeting, will be held October 2-5, 2014 at the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. The live CME meeting offers unique educational experiences including hands-on seminars, presentations by leading health-care experts, and reports on the latest research in the management of acute cardiovascular emergencies seen in the emergency department setting. Two optional CME workshops, Advanced Electrocardiography: Pearls and Pitfalls and The Echo Course, are also being presented.
Emergency physicians, advanced practice nurses, cardiologists, physician assistants, internists, hospitalists, intensivists and primary care physicians who provide care to patients with acute cardiovascular problems are invited to attend this live CME meeting. Practitioners may earn up to 19.50 hours of participation for continuing medical education.
The faculty members for the live CME meeting, who will present and help guide discussions, are: Dr. J. Stephen Bohan (Harvard Medical School), Dr. Peter S. Pang (Indiana University School of Medicine), Dr. Amer Z. Aldeen (Emergency Medicine Physicians, LTD.) Dr. Laura J. Bontempo (University of Maryland School of Medicine), Dr. Megan Fix (University of Utah School of Medicine), Dr. Haney Mallemat (University of Maryland School of Medicine), and Dr. Amal Mattu (University of Maryland School of Medicine).
At the conclusion of this live CME meeting, participants will demonstrate effective management of cardiovascular emergencies in the acute setting including:
- Implementation of state-of-the-art cardiovascular resuscitation strategies;
- Demonstrate immediate lifesaving actions for high-risk, high-threat electrocardiography (ECG) findings and unusual dysrhythmias;
- Evaluate and treat patients with complex dysrhythmias;
- Apply latest evidence for risk-stratification and management of the chest pain and acute coronary syndromes;
- Review the evidence based strategies for the management of transient ischemic attack (TIA), stroke, and cerebral hemorrhage;
- Discuss the emerging data on current and novel biomarkers in the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease;
- Identify optimal Emergency Department antiplatelet and anticoagulant management strategies for patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS), atrial fibrillation (AF), venous thromboembolism (VTE) and stroke;
- Implement strategies for effective emergency department management of the acute heart failure patient, including diagnosis, classification, risk-stratification, prognosis, optimization of volume status, hyponatremia management, organ protection, and potential impact on both short and long-term outcomes; and
- Determine evidence based best practices in the management of device related emergencies in patients with cardiac disease, including ventricular assist devices (VAD), pacemakers, and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (AICD).
For more information about The Heart Course: Emergency and to register, please visit us online at http://theheartcourse.com/
Call us toll-free at 855-276-6855
For information on exhibit and support opportunities, please contact:
Nicole Falco at 866-599-7299 nicole(at)mededconsulting(dot)com
About MedEd Consulting
MedEd Consulting is a small woman owned business located in Northern Illinois who specializes in project management, meeting planning, and logistics for medical education programs and activities.
Release issued by Audience Generation, LLC
Audience Generation is a forward thinking agency at the forefront of the digital revolution and is a nationally and internationally recognized provider of integrated advertising, marketing, and public relations and solutions that offer a new way to find, generate, and engage live, online, social and mobile audiences where they exist on demand.
Audience Generation is known for its creative strategy, actionable solutions and measurable approach to transforming the ways brands interact with their target audience where they exist in person, online, via social networks or on their mobile devices.
Audience Generation has produced winning traditional, online, e-commerce, social and mobile campaigns including mobile application solutions for Fortune 500, small and medium businesses, not-for-profit organizations, national and international associations and societies, and venture backed start-up companies across a variety of industry verticals around the World.
To learn how Audience Generation can find your ideal customer, reach them where they exist, build your brand and grow your bottom line please call us at 512-708-4678 or email us at mwayne(at)audiencegeneration(dot)com or visit us at: http://www.audiencegeneration.com.