Austin, TX (PRWEB) August 14, 2014
Design Lab, a concept boutique of all and only Texas Designers, opened this summer at Oasis, Texas. The 3,000 square foot store is a showcase for a highly curated yet diverse variety of Texas-based fashion designers who are at the top of their game. Merchandise ranges from jewelry and eyewear to children’s clothing and women’s apparel. Design Lab is the vision of owner Linda Asaf, a highly regarded Austin-based fashion designer.
“The pool of talented Texas designers has been growing and gaining momentum steadily over the years,” said Asaf. “I am so proud to bring this community together in one place for the first time and to showcase all their amazing creativity. It’s a must see for everyone who appreciates original design and supports local talent.”
The fashion and retail industry is growing aggressively in Austin, and Design Lab will be the hub for it all. Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell issued a proclamation making Thursday, August 14, 2014 Design Lab Day.
Beyond Asaf’s own ready to wear and swimwear/resort collections, Design Lab currently features over 20 unique designers, including:
Black Cross: a women’s apparel line from Midi Soliz, designer to the stars, launching her line first and only at Design Lab
- Chicka-D: super stylish game day apparel for women and children: http://chicka-d.com
- Criquet Shirts: fashionable, organic polo shirts and gear for men and boys: http://www.criquetshirts.com/
- Femailler: creates exquisitely hand-woven chainmaille jewelry with old-world charm: http://www.femailler.com/
- Hatbox: an Austin-based modern haberdashery, with unique hats for both men and women: http://www.hatbox.com
- Jacq Jones: classic, modern jewelry handcrafted here in Austin with high quality natural materials: http://jacqjones.com/
- JBird Jewelry: Luxurious gold and gemstone jewelry elegantly designed with striking simplicity: http://shopjbird.com/
- Lauren Checchio: creates unique, one of a kind wearable art with her jewelry, which utilizes both vintage pieces and originals http://www.laurenchecchio.com
- League of Rebels: crafts epic menswear for the modern-day gentleman: http://www.leagueofrebels.com
- Lisa Lecroy: convertible footwear; shoes and boots than can be tailored and tweaked to match an outfit, season or mood: http://www.lisalecroy.com
- Mark Kalen: hand-crafted, locally designed jewelry that’s classic, sophisticated and edgy: http://markkalen.com/site/
- Nectar/ Linda Asaf: A swimwear and resort line with roots in high fashion alongside Asaf’s classic, timeless and feminine ready-to-wear. http://lindaasaf.com/
- Nui Organic: children's clothing, wool & organic cotton apparel for babies & kids: http://www.nuiorganics.com
- Pearl Southern Couture: a classic clothing collection that represents the rich heritage of the Deep South: http://www.pearlsoutherncouture.com/
- Revelry Dresses: comfortable, beautiful dresses in game day colors for every occasion: http://www.revelrydresses.com/
- Sikara: beautiful, handmade modern fusion jewelry inspired from international travels: http://www.sikara.com/
- Starling Eyewear: a high-quality, fashionable, and customizable alternative to traditional reading eyewear http://www.starlingeyewear.com
- Stripedshirt: super soft, game day color fanwear, for women, kids and babies: http://www.stripedshirt.com
- Texas Outlaw Boots: fine handmade leather boots at affordable prices: http://www.texasoutlawboots.com
- United We Art: original art T-shirts, "wear and share" apparel that is 100% American made and also gives back to the community with every sale: http://www.unitedweart.us/
- Valentina Shoes: fun, colorful and one-of-a-kind shoes, personalized for girls: http://www.valentinashoes.com/
- 9f Knives: creates custom, hand-forged one of a kind knives created from recycled materials which are both art pieces and functional knives: http://www.9fknives.com/
Design Lab is a showcase space at Oasis Texas, a complex of hand-picked eclectic eateries and shops with the experience of discovery in mind and the charm of an old Hill Country town. It is located adjacent to the iconic Oasis Restaurant at Lake Travis. Design Lab has an industrial-vintage theme with ample room to house current Texas designers, additional lines that will join over time, and seasonable or pop-up collections that will visit.
Beyond normal shopping hours, Design Lab will also host numerous special events throughout the year including private parties, product launches, fashion camps, fashion shows, concerts and more. For those visiting Austin and wanting a taste of Lake Travis, or for Austin area locals, especially those in Lakeway, Steiner Ranch, River Place, and Cedar Park, the unique and special setting is perfect for a birthday party, a bridal shower, a reunion or just some fun shopping.
More about Design Lab is available at https://www.facebook.com/designlabaustin or on Twitter: @designlabatx. Web site coming soon: http://www.designlabaustin.com