Event Log Explorer parses event descriptions, extracts the required data and displays it in the event like any other standard column.
(PRWEB) August 15, 2014
FSPro Labs today announced the release of Event Log Explorer 4.3, software designed to view, monitor and analyze events recorded in System, Security, Application and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems. This release features custom columns option to display event description details in the event list. The user can add up to 5 custom columns to the event log.
“New release improves the representation of event details and lets you significantly increase the productivity of event analysis” says Michael Karsyan, FSPro Labs CEO. “Let’s say the investigator wants to display user name for all or specific security event. Although Windows event log has User name column, it is commonly empty for security events, and the investigator should check event description. Now Event Log Explorer parses event descriptions, extracts the required data (user name) and displays it in the event like any other standard column”.
About Event Log Explorer
Event Log Explorer is designed as an alternative advanced solution to standard Windows Event Viewer application.
Event Log Explorer provides various ways to refine events and leave only important ones. A powerful set of different filter methods is available to the user. The user can pre-filter events during log reading, filter events with a couple of clicks (quick filter feature), filter events by any parameters, including event description and even filter logically linked events.
Event Log Explorer is most useful for system administrators and forensic examiners. Sysadmins can benefit from wide range of productivity and filtering features. Forensic examiners can take advantage of direct access to event log files – Event Log Explorer is capable of reading evtx files even on Windows XP computer, moreover it is capable to read even damaged event logs.
Event Log Explorer features at glance
- Access Windows event logs and event log files on local and remote servers and workstations
- Capability to open both classic Windows NT event log format (EVT files) and new (Crimson) event log format (EVTX files)
- High performance — all events are loaded either into memory or into an optimized internal local database
- Active monitoring and alerts — immediate notification about problems
- Event log consolidation —event logs can be merged in one view
- Custom columns to display event description details in the event list
- Log loading options to pre-filter event logs
- Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description details
- Manual and automatic backup of event logs
- Print and export to different formats
- Analytical reports - summary tables and pivot charts
- Credential manager to save user credentials and use them automatically when accessing remote servers
Pricing and Availability
Event Log Explorer 4.3 is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/2003/2008/2012. Prices start from US$149.00. The personal license for non-commercial use is free! Further information on the product and the prices is available at http://eventlogxp.com.
About FSPro Labs
Founded in 2000, FSPro Labs is a software developer specializing in data security products for home and business users. The products of the company are known as reliable, secure and affordable software; among them are Event Log Explorer, Hide Folders and My Lockbox. Event Log Explorer customers include various corporation and state agencies such as Microsoft, Intel, Symantec, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, HSBC, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, FBI, State Department, and many others. All our solutions are backed up by high quality support service.