The Forest R. McFarland award recognizes individuals for outstanding contributions to the SAE Engineering Meetings Board.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) August 15, 2014
SAE International named 25 mobility engineering professionals as winners of the 2014 Forest R. McFarland Award.
The Forest R. McFarland award recognizes individuals for outstanding contributions to the SAE Engineering Meetings Board and the development and dissemination of information through technical meetings, conferences, and professional development programs, or for contributions in facilitating or enhancing the interchange of technical information.
Established in 1979, the award honors the late Forest R. McFarland, who was an outstanding session organizer, a chairman of the Passenger Car Activity Committee and a member of the Engineering Meetings Board. Funding for this award is through a bequest by McFarland to SAE International and consists of a framed certificate presented at various SAE International events, including SAE 2014 World Congress.
2014 award winners include:
- Jamel E. Belwafa, Ford Motor Company
- George N. Bullen, Smart Blades, Inc.
- Timothy Cheek, PE, DELTA [v] Forensic Engineering
- Dr. Hussein Dourra, Chrysler Group LLC
- James Fash, PhD, TRW Automotive
- Yan Fu, Ford Motor Company
- Barbara E. Goodrich, John Deere Power Systems
- Ramesh Goyal, retired, General Motors Company
- Mirko Jakovljevic, TTTech Computertechnik AG
- Mark Jensen, Vector CANtech Inc
- Dr. Xiaodi Ken Kang, Honda R & D Americas Inc
- Jacque D. La Valle, Naval Air Systems Command
- Peter T. Lamm, United States Air Force (USAF)
- Benny Leppert, Boeing
- Russell E. Levine, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- James F. Miller, Argonne National Laboratory
- Dr. Kamran Rokhsaz, Wichita State University
- Varsha Sadekar, General Motors Company
- Dr. Samveg Saxena, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Riccardo Scarcelli, Argonne National Laboratory
- Scott Sluder, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Guangtian Gavin Song, AM General LLC
- Michael J Stanton, Association of Global Automakers, Inc.
- John C. Steiner, KEVA Engineering LLC
- Professor Sebastian Verhelst, Ghent University
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting more than 145,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.