In a recent survey of prospective buyers, 71% rated amenities like trails and parks, in particular, as ‘very important’ to their purchase decision.
Charleston, SC (PRWEB) August 19, 2014
Among the top trends in real estate today is the rising demand for communities with amenities that promote healthy lifestyles. Home buyers of all ages – from young families to retirees – are increasingly seeking homes located in walkable communities with direct access to trails, bike paths and other recreational amenities. This was a topic of much discussion at the annual National Association of Real Estate Editors Conference this summer, where editors shared the stories and topics they are getting the most reaction to this year. It’s a trend that the developers of Carnes Crossroads, a new master planned community in Charleston, South Carolina, are addressing up front as the community begins to take shape.
Amenities that promote healthy and active lifestyles are at the core of the community that is emerging at Carnes Crossroads. The master plan for this 2,300-acre community carefully integrates traditional residential neighborhoods and retail areas, along with a system of scenic trails for walking, jogging and bicycling. Recreational amenities like parks, lakes, playing fields and a pool are also important elements of the community:
- Parks - All homes at Carnes Crossroads will be within walking distance of neighborhood parks like the Village Green, the community's first park, which has become a gathering place for residents and a venue for special events.
- Trails - Residents are already enjoying the first phase of a community-wide network of scenic recreational trails that provides opportunities for walking, jogging, biking and environmentally-friendly transportation.
- Lakes - The first of a series of large lakes is under construction and will offer scenic natural views and recreational opportunities like fishing and kayaking.
- Pools - The new 25-meter swimming pool at Carnes Crossroads is designed for both competitive swimming and play, with a beach entry, lap lanes and children’s play area, providing recreational opportunities for all ages.
- Recreational Venues - The recently renovated historic Green Barn is outfitted with games and recreational fun – a perfect space for special events and activities of all kinds.
"Most people we talk with who are looking for a new home are just as interested in the lifestyle our community offers as they are the actual homes here," says Chuck Buck, Broker-in-charge at Carnes Crossroads Real Estate. "In fact, in a recent survey of our prospective buyers, 71% rated amenities like trails and parks, in particular, as ‘very important’ to their purchase decision,” he added.
The Daniel Island Company, developer of Carnes Crossroads, is drawing upon its success at Daniel Island, an award-winning master planned community that has evolved as one of the top residential areas in Charleston, as they develop Carnes Crossroads. The success at Daniel Island is in part attributed to a comprehensive mix of homes, businesses, schools and world-class lifestyle and recreational amenities.
“We are community builders, and amenities that allow people to get beyond their homes and enjoy the greater community in which they live are what helps make the neighborhoods at Carnes Crossroads and Daniel Island so special,” says Matt Sloan, President of the Daniel Island Company. “People want things to do nearby, ways to get out and meet and interact with neighbors and opportunities to stay active and fit. These are all integral elements of the community that is developing at Carnes Crossroads.”
About Carnes Crossroads:
Carnes Crossroads, a 2,300-acre master planned community located in the heart of Charleston, South Carolina's growth, is evolving as a significant residential and commercial center for Summerville and Goose Creek. The traditional residential neighborhoods, southern architecture, parks, trails and lakes at Carnes Crossroads are being carefully integrated with retail businesses, corporate offices, medical facilities, schools and churches to create a small-town community where people live, work and play. The ownership and development team behind Carnes Crossroads is also responsible for the highly successful 4,000-acre community of Daniel Island in Charleston.