Deerfield, Illinois (PRWEB) August 15, 2014
The TWISB program was created to provide well-deserved recognition for women executives who have achieved exceptional success and bring a passion for store brands to their day-to-day activities. The categories cover five functional expertise areas, as well as three achievement areas not linked to a specific functional expertise area.
This year’s honorees include:
- Ruth O'Sullivan, Senior Buyer, Topco Associates LLC, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Samantha Peskie, Director, Research and Development, Bay Valley Foods, a TreeHouse Foods company, Innovation Award
- Dani Little, Engine 2 Program Director, Whole Foods Market, Sparkplug Award
- Megan Kokoska, Director of Ecommerce and Marketing, Dollar Tree Inc., Operations Award
- Chelsea McCool, Global Solutions Manager, Daymon Worldwide, Supply Chain/Procurement Award
- Alicia LeHota, President, Tropical Nut & Fruit Inc., Sales Award
- Laura Sturdevant, DMM Consumer Electronics and Front End Services (formerly Director of Private Brands), Walgreen Co., Marketing/Merchandising Award
- Cinda Stricklen, Director Quality Systems — Consumables, Sam's Club, R&D/QA Award
“Congratulations to the 2014 honorees! I am excited that in the second year of the program the reach of the nominations has grown in depth across retailers, manufacturers and the supplier community in the store brand industry," said Peggy Davies, WISE Chair. "Through WISE's partnership with STORE BRANDS regarding the TWISB honorees, the mission of WISE is cultivated and promoted, where we are building a network for professionals to share wisdom, knowledge and insights.”
“STORE BRANDS is honored to work in association with WISE on this critically important program for our industry," said Steve Lichtenstein, Brand Director, STORE BRANDS and a vice president of STAGNITO BUSINESS INFORMATION. "Through the Top Women in Store Brands program, we are able to provide well-deserved recognition for women executives who are true catalysts and contributors toward the growth of store brands. Collectively — and individually — each of them has contributed so very much to the growth and well-being of their company’s store brand products and programs."
To select our TWISB honorees, in-depth nominations submitted by representatives within the store brand industry were reviewed. A committee consisting of representatives from both STORE BRANDS and WISE then carefully evaluated the nominations, assessing each nominee’s accomplishments to determine this year’s honorees. The committee ultimately selected one person for each category.
The TWISB honorees will be recognized during WISE's second annual meeting and luncheon on Sunday, November 16, at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Rosemont, IL. The event coincides with the opening day of the Private Label Manufacturers Association’s Private Label Trade Show.
The TWISB honorees also will be featured as a multi-page story within the October 2014 issue of STORE BRANDS.
WISE is a non-profit professional development organization within store brands, created and led by women in the industry. The mission of WISE is to foster diverse collaboration and provide leadership that drives the continued success of the store brands industry.
About STORE BRANDS
STORE BRANDS, published by STAGNITO BUSINESS INFORMATION, delivers the strategic and tactical information retail executives need to develop and support compelling, differentiated store brand programs. From industry trends and opportunities to innovation tools and store brand success stories, STORE BRANDS provides actionable ideas for maximizing quality and profitability in store brand programs.