Yorba Linda, CA (PRWEB) August 19, 2014
BioConference Live Genetics and Genomics recently announced new speakers for their virtual conference scheduled for August 20-21, 2014. The Annual Genetics and Genomics Virtual Conference welcomes Dr. Gordon Mills and Dr. Robert Nussbaum as the keynote speakers during the event. The one-of-a-kind global web-based conference will be conducted through live video webcasts and real-time networking.
Dr. Mills will be presenting “Delivering on the promise of personalized medicine”. The realization of the promise of personalized molecular medicine requires efficient development and implementation of novel targeted therapeutics linked to molecular markers able to identify patients most likely to benefit. An efficient integration of DNA, RNA and protein information content will be needed to identify patients likely to respond to particular therapies. A comprehensive analysis of patient tumors before, during and after treatment should become the standard of practice. Testing these precepts will require the development and implementation of novel trial designs.
Keynote presenter Dr. Nussbaum will discuss the Clinical Validity and Utility in Whole Exome/Genome Sequencing. He is a member of the UCSF Institute for Human Genetics, where he is studying if and how genetic and genomic information can be used to improve health care by improving outcomes, reducing adverse reactions, lowering costs and promoting health through risk education.
This year, topics for the conference include RNAi, Next-generation sequencing, Cancer research, Sequencing, Genome-wide association studies GWAS, Epigenetics, Mapping, Exomes, Genomic medicine, Human Genome Structural Variation, Pharmacogenetics, DNA/RNA Purification, Mutations, Translational Genomics, Bioinformatics, Genotyping, Pharmacogenomics, Screening, Cloning, Gene Expression, Phenotyping, Transcription, Functional Genomics, Synthetic Biology, Genome Engineering, Immunology, qPCR/Real-Time PCR, PCR, Biomarkers, Stem Cell research, Human Identification, Bioproduction, Molecular Diagnostics and much more.
BioConference Live Genetics and Genomics will feature presentations from:
- Robert Nussbaum, MD - Professor, Department of Medicine, Chief, Division of Medical Genetics, UC San Francisco
- Bruce R Korf, MD, PhD - Wayne H. and Sara Crews Finley Chair of Medical Genetics, Professor and Chair, Department of Genetics, Director, Heflin Center for Genomic Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Gordon B Mills, MD, PhD - Department Chair, Department of Systems Biology, Division of Cancer Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Piero Carninci, PhD - Director, Division of Genomic Technologies, RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies
- Christopher I Amos, PhD - Associate Director for Population Sciences, Professor of Community and Family Medicine at the Geisel School of Medicine, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth College
- Joanna Hamilton, PhD - Co-Director, Dartmouth Medical School and the Norris Cotton Cancer Center
- David E Symer, MD, PhD - Assistant Professor Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Human Cancer Genetics Program, Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dani Bercovich, PhD - Professor, Scientific Director, Head of MSc program in Biotechnology, Tel Hai College, GGA - Galil Genetic Analysis
- John Glass, PhD - Senior Scientist, Synthetic Biology Group, J. Craig Venter Institution
- Cecile Janssens, PhD -Research Professor of Epidemiology, Emory University
- Jimmy Lin, MD, PhD, MHS - Founder & President, Rare Genomics Institute, School Faculty Member, Washington University St. Louis
- Yue Wan, PhD - GIS fellow, Genome Institute of Singapore, A*STAR, Genome Institute of Singapore
- Feng Zhang, PhD - Core Faculty Member, The Broad Institute of MIT/Harvard, Investigator, McGovern Institute for Brain Research, W.M. Keck Career Development Professor of Biomedical Engineering Assistant Professor, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- And several others. A complete list of speakers is available at http://www.bioconferencelive.com.
BioConference Live virtual conferences provide invaluable educational and networking opportunities for participants. Attendees can receive free continuing education and continuing medical education credits for all conferences, as well as CEU credits for genetic counselors.
To register for a BioConference Live conference visit: http://www.bioconferencelive.com
Parties interested in current research in genetics and genomics should sign up today, for free, to take advantage of live streaming sessions by industry leaders, networking with peers, and exploration of the virtual exhibit floor showcasing the state-of-the-art in life science and medical technologies from companies such as Illumina, Thermo Scientific, Beckman Coulter, Qiagen, LICOR, and AB SCIEX.
Founded in 2009, BioConference Live’s vision was to connect the scientific world leveraging a unique virtual platform, discovering meaningful collaborations across geographic boundaries and fields of expertise. BioConference Live has grown into the world's largest producer of virtual events within the Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics community. LabRoots is the owner and producer of BioConference Live, and is the leading scientific social networking website.