London, UK (PRWEB UK) 19 August 2014
SMi is proud to have Tim Woods, Manager & Deputy Director at UK NEQAS for Blood Coagulation giving a keynote address at this year’s 11th annual Point of Care Conference taking place in London on October 27th-28th 2014. His knowledge and expertise will provide key insight into quality assurance in point of care.
SMi recently caught up with Tim Woods and here is what he had to say:
Q. What do you think are the most interesting sessions in this conference?
A: “The whole programme is certainly interesting, but due to the impact on UK NEQAS BC, I am particularly looking forward to hearing the proposals from UKAS on ‘The Future of POCT Accreditation’.”
Q: What will attendees take away from your talk?
A: “I hope that attending delegates will take away an understanding of the importance and value of quality assurance, particularly the part played by EQA and the comprehensive programmes offered by UK NEQAS. I also hope that delegates will see that UK NEQAS programmes are not just focussed on the ‘correctional oversight’ aspects of proficiency testing, that does have a place in ensuring the validity of results, but centre on the educational aspects of EQA, promoting good practice and quality of patient care.”
- Discuss the market opportunities of PoCT
- Evaluate quality control and enhance quality standards featuring UK NEQAS and UKAS
- Exclusive case study presentation on implementing PoCT
- How to deliver a quality programme for PoCT to improve service efficiency
- Gain insight into the future of Point of Care
KEY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Professor Richard Luxton, Director, Institute of Bio-Sensing Technology
- Tim Woods, Manager & Deputy Director, UK NEQAS for Blood Coagulation
- Ben Courtney, Accreditation Manager, United Kingdom Accreditation Service
- Henne van Heeren, Founding Member, Microfluidics Consortium
- Dr Tomi Jukkola, Patent Examiner, PRH – Finnish Patent Office
- Nick Kirk, President, Institute of Biomedical Science
- David Wells, General Manager, Viapath
- Dr Gearoid Tuohy, Director, Technology Transfer & Commercialisation, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Dr Paul Collinson, Consultant Chemical Pathologist, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust
For more information please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014pointofcare54.asp.
If you would like to attend this conference please contact Fateja Begum on +44 (0) 207 827 6184 or e-mail fbegum(at)smi-online(dot)co.uk