London, UK (PRWEB) August 21, 2014
Biometrics technology assists in identifying persons on the basis of their physical or behavioral traits and characteristics. The technology is also used for authentication purposes. Biometrics systems can be either identification systems (an individual’s identity is determined without their consent) or verification systems (the biometric data is used simply to verify personal identity). Identification systems are typically utilized in surveillance applications, while verification systems are mainly used in different access control applications.
The North American biometrics market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of nearly 17% over the period 2014-2018. The market has also seen the integration of biometrics in various smart card technologies. An upsurge in the number of identity thefts is one of the main factors stimulating the sector’s expansion. However, increased design complexity could toss a challenge to the growth in the market. 3M Cogent Inc., NEC Corp., Cross Match Technologies Inc., and Safran SA are the leading vendors operating in the region’s marketplace.
New research study “Biometrics Market in North America 2014-2018” prepared by Infiniti Research is now available at MarketPublishers.com.
Title: Biometrics Market in North America 2014-2018
Published: August, 2014
Price: US$ 3,000.00
The market research report covers the current standing and the future outlook to 2018 of the biometrics market in North America with a focus on the USA and Canada. It provides accurate estimates of the market size by identifying the revenues generated from the sales of various biometrics solutions in Canada and the USA. Comprehensive market segmentation by technology, application and end-user is included in the study. An insightful overview of the vendors, the top 4 along with a slew of others, operating in the area is at hand in the publication. Furthermore, the research study examines the major market drivers and key challenges, as well as scrutinizes the trends prevailing in the sector and shaping its future growth trajectory.
- All-round study of the biometrics market on the regional scale and across the leading nations, including market size data plus granular forecast figures to 2018, alongside the rate of the sector’s prospective growth
- Comprehensive market segmentation by technology, application, and end-user
- Identification and assessment of the key trends in the market and their impact
- Insight into the forces that are and will be stimulating the market’s growth
- Scrupulous analysis of the main market challenges
- Profiling of the 4 leading vendors in the marketplace (business overview, business segmentation and SWOT analysis), besides looking at many other industry players
- Identification of the different market threats and opportunities
- Granular examination of the weaknesses and strengths of the industry participants
More new market research reports by the publisher can be found at Infiniti Research page.