Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 21, 2014
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) — industry-leading health business information publisher of ACO Business News and The AIS Report on Blue Cross & Blue Shield Plans (not affiliated with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association or its member companies) — is pleased to announce the release of the latest report in AIS’s Management Insight Series. Bundled Payment Models: Bottom-Line Strategies for Insurers offers case studies of two insurers — Horizon Healthcare Services, Inc. and Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield — that have developed successful programs to reimburse providers for episodes of care, combining payments for all aspects of treatment rather than paying providers individually for tests, office visits and procedures.
Bundled Payment Models: Bottom-Line Strategies for Insurers contains insights from senior executives at the two Blues plans based on their experiences with episodes such as total joint replacements, congestive heart failure and colonoscopy. The report includes details on:
- How the insurers established cost and quality targets, and shared cost and quality data with providers.
- The differences between retrospective and prospective bundled payment models and how to transition from the easier-to-implement retrospective method to a prospective program.
- The financial and quality outcomes the insurers have seen.
- How the insurers share savings with providers and to what extent providers are taking downside risk, too.
- Special circumstances to consider, such as how often costs are reconciled and how payers handle catastrophic “outlier” episodes or patients.
For more information on Bundled Payment Models: Bottom-Line Strategies for Insurers, including a full table of contents, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/bundled-payment-models.
AIS’s Management Insight Series is designed to provide practical solutions to complex business challenges with the help of the industry’s most insightful advisors and managers. See a full list of titles in this series at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/insight-series.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.