David's expertise in leading Sonic Healthcare USA and other clinical laboratory businesses will enable Medivo to develop new insights that enhance our proprietary Lab Value Exchange database.
New York, NY (PRWEB) August 21, 2014
Medivo, Inc., a leader in lab data and healthcare analytics, has appointed clinical lab industry leader David W. Bryant to its Advisory Board, which represents a panel of recognized leaders in the life science and health information technology sectors who provide strategic guidance to the company.
Mr. Bryant is the former chief executive officer of Sonic Healthcare USA, the third-largest clinical laboratory operation in the United States, and also the former chief executive officer of CBLPath Inc., a medical lab that provides anatomic pathology and molecular diagnostic laboratory services. (Sonic Healthcare USA acquired CBLPath in 2010.)
“We are extremely pleased to add David and his leadership experience in the lab industry to our Advisory Board,” said Sundeep Bhan, Chief Executive Officer and a Co-Founder of Medivo. “His expertise in leading Sonic Healthcare USA and other clinical laboratory businesses will enable Medivo to develop new insights that enhance our proprietary Lab Value Exchange(TM) database and also allow us to be more innovative in the ways we’re helping life science companies leverage new data to inform their commercialization strategies.”
Mr. Bryant joins Medivo’s Advisory board effective August 2014.
“It’s an honor to join the Medivo team in this important advisory role,” Mr. Bryant said. “I am very familiar with the innovative ideas that Medivo is developing around healthcare data analytics and I look forward to working with its exceptional team of advisors as the company builds out the Medivo LVX platform.”
The Medivo Lab Value Exchange (LVX(TM)) is the largest aggregation of standardized and anonymized lab test results available in the market today, and contains data from 140+ U.S. labs with data across 200,000 practice locations and 29 million patients.
About Medivo’s Advisory Board
Medivo established its Advisory Board in 2010 to provide strategic advice and counsel in the areas of health information technology, data analytics, commercialization strategies and financial planning. Members who comprise the board are:
- Vita Cassese, who has more than 30 years of operations experience at Pfizer Inc., and is a recognized thought leader in the area of healthcare technology. Most recently, she held the position of Vice President, Business Development, Strategy and Innovation, at Pfizer. She also has established industry-leading partnerships with Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, Intel, and IBM.
- Esther Dyson, an astute healthcare investor and active advocate for exploring new ideas for improving healthcare worldwide. She has published on the Internet her own genome and health records as part of George Church’s Personal Genome Project. Dyson was an early investor in and board member of Medscape (now part of WebMD) and also an investor in Medstory (which was acquired by Microsoft). She currently is an investor in and sits on the board of 23andMe.
- Ben Rooks, founder of ST Advisors, a consultancy working with healthcare companies and their financial sponsors on issues regarding strategy, financing and exit planning. Rooks spent six years as an investment banker, where he closed healthcare and medical technology transactions valued from $40 to $365 million. He has been a judge for the Microsoft Health Users Group (MS-HUG) Industry Solution Awards since its inception and has been named a Zacks Investment Research All-Star Analyst.
- Alan E. Sokolow, MD, a pioneer in the development of healthcare informatics, and program development in demand and care management. His areas of expertise include value-based reimbursement, medical policy, medical management, high risk and condition management programs, provider relations and program implementation.
- Michelle Woker, a former president of operations for Wolters Kluwer Healthcare Analytics, and recognized expert in healthcare data management, including data privacy, security/compliance programs, client services, operations and product and sales management. She also has developed and managed customer care programs that were critical to delivering client value through insight and superior service for organizations such as Source Informatics, NDC Health, Wolters Kluwer Healthcare Analytics and, most recently, Symphony Health Solutions. While an executive director at Amgen, she was instrumental in corporate account strategy and development of the company’s Health System Sales Force.
Medivo unlocks the power of lab data to better inform treatment decisions and improve health outcomes. Medivo’s data analysts and clinical experts extract proprietary insights from the Medivo Lab Value ExchangeTM (LVXTM), a network of more than 140 U.S. labs with data across 200,000 practice locations and 29 million patients. These insights enable life science companies to build intelligent profiling knowledge, to make proactive decisions and to optimize their sales and marketing initiatives. Medivo’s services also enable physicians to better track and improve outcomes, and its Lab partners to realize the full value of their data assets. Founded in 2010 by healthcare entrepreneurs, Medivo’s investors include Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. (NYSE:SFE) and Merck Global Health Innovation Fund (GHIF). For more information, visit http://www.medivo.com.