Drivers need weather intelligence in the vehicle that will increase driver safety and improve the driving experience.
(PRWEB) August 21, 2014
The session will give delegates insight into the process of gathering and analyzing data from different sources to deliver highly relevant information to the driver. The presentation will also focus on the benefits of weather data in the car, including increased road safety, with the audience being guided through options for integrating this data into vehicles. The presentation will take place on day one of the conference - October 30.
“Each year 1.5 million accidents occur due to weather,” said Chris Carr, Business Director at Baron Services. “Drivers need weather intelligence in the vehicle that will increase driver safety and improve the driving experience, Baron has been at the leading edge of providing intelligent road weather solutions.”
The full session description can be viewed below:
Beyond the Forecast: Taking Weather Data to the Next Level
Discover how adding contextual intelligence to insourced weather data can provide real-time, relevant information to the driver.
- Your weather, your way: Explore the science behind filtering location, road, weather and even soil data to enable highly personalized information and alerts to drivers
- Scope out the deeper benefits of weather data for improving driver safety and awareness by allowing drivers to anticipate dangerous conditions and adapt their driving style
- Identify use-cases for granular weather data within the connected car, including maps, apps, safety and UBI, and how simple APIs will allow integration into the vehicle
Chris Carr, Director of Business Development, Baron Services
Telematics West Coast 2014 Conference, October 30-31, San Diego, is the West Coast’s top event dedicated to automotive content & services. It will tackle how to leverage vehicle and usage data to deliver a contextualized, personal user experience that seamlessly fits into the connected lifestyle.
For the complete Telematics West Coast 2014 conference program and speaker line-up, visit: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/.
Over 30 Industry-Leading Speakers
The speaker line-up is being added to week-on-week to ensure that delegates hear from the most innovative experts out there
- Dr. Michael Cavaretta, Data Scientist and Manager, Ford
- Steffen Neumann, Portfolio Manager App Development Group, Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America
- Matt Jones, Senior Technical Specialist - Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
- Chris Carr, Director of Business Development, Baron Services
- Henri LaFrance, Technical Program Manager, Connected Vehicle, Volkswagen Group of America
- Scott Burnell, Global Lead, Business Development & Partner Management, Ford
- Robert Gee, Product Manager, Connected Solutions, Continental
- Henry Bzeih, Head of Telematics and Infotainment, Chief Technologist, Kia Motors America
- Toshiro Muramatsu, Director, Vehicle Information Technology Division Silicon Valley, Nissan
- John Ellis, Global Technologist Connected Services Solutions, Ford
- Justin Overdorff, Head of Mobile Business Development, Yelp
The full speaker line-up is available on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/conference-speakers.php.
Key Topics Covered at Telematics West Coast 2014
Crucial debates that will be addressed at Telematics West Coast 2014 include:
- THE CAR THAT KNOWS YOU BEST: Harness data to deliver contextual & personalized content and services
- BATTLE OF THE BRANDS: Assess the branding battleground and the importance of branding to consumers
- RECALLS BYTE THE DUST: Enable the automobile of the future by designing vehicles based on real-world usage
- CAN YOU HACK IT? Create a secure architecture that will make the car an impenetrable node in the connected world
- AUTO STEPS OUT INTO THE CONNECTED WORLD: Discuss the integration of automotive into the Internet of Everything
The full agenda is available on the Telematics West Coast 2014 website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/conference-agenda.php.
Pandora said of the show: ‘A great opportunity to hear what is happening in such a dynamic space, and a phenomenal networking opportunity.’
For the complete Telematics West Coast 2014 conference program and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/conference-event-brochure.php or contact the Telematics Update team at westcoast(at)telematicsupdate(dot)com.
Register before September 5 via the secure link below to take advantage of a $200 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/register.php.
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
About Baron Services
A leading weather intelligence company, Baron Services specializes in providing state-of-the-science weather information to governments, businesses and media. With numerous patents in weather technology, Baron serves as experts in weather integration, data analysis and processing, modeling, and radar manufacturing. A partnership with SiriusXM makes Baron weather available in general aviation aircraft and personal watercraft. Also delivered through SiriusXM Baron provides weather and road conditions to personal vehicles using Baron’s Threat Matrix technology. Through Baron’s Weather API, Baron offers web-delivered meteorological data streams for integration into a range of devices and services. http://www.baronservices.com.
Project Director | Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7221 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7221