The global phthalic anhydride market is highly fragmented with top five companies accounting for less than 30% of the market in 2013. Key participants include UPC Technology Corp., Aekyung Petrochemicals, BASF SE, ExxonMobil Chemical and Polynt SpA.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) August 25, 2014
The global market for phthalic anhydride is expected to reach USD 10,387.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for phthalate plasticizers due to rise in consumption of polyvinyl chloride coupled with growing demand for unsaturated polyester resins is expected to drive the market growth for phthalic anhydride. In addition, the growing demand for polyvinyl chloride in the Asia Pacific automobile industry, particularly China and India, is also expected to impact phthalic anhydride demand positively. Applications in the coating and paint industry are expected to serve as a key market opportunity in the near future.
Phthalate plasticizers were the largest application segment, accounting for 2,584.7 kilotons of total demand in 2013 that is expected to reach 3,280.9 kilotons in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 3.5% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing demand of phthalate plasticizers in automobiles and construction industry is expected to augment demand growth for phthalic anhydride over the forecast period. Unsaturated polyester resins were the second largest application segment with market share of 18.17% and global demand for 832.9 kilo tons in 2013. The market is expected to witness lucrative growth due to its rising demand in surface coating and manufacturing reinforced laminates.
The report, “Phthalic Anhydride Market Analysis By Application (Phthalate Plasticizers, Unsaturated Polyester Resins, Alkyd Resins) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/phthalic-anhydride-market.
Request a free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/phthalic-anhydride-market/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global phthalic anhydride demand was 4,584.0 kilotons in 2013 and is expected to reach 5,900.1 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 3.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific was the leading regional market for phthalic anhydride accounting for over 51% of global market revenue, valued at USD 3.58 billion in 2013. The market is expected to show extensive growth owing to the rapid development in transportation and construction sectors, at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Europe and Latin America are expected to witness demand growth in phthalic anhydride, at an estimated CAGR of 2.5% and 4.1% from 2014 to 2020, respectively.
- In 2013, alkyd resins accounted for the third largest application segment with demand of 691.8 kilotons and revenue of USD 1.1 billion in 2013. The market is expected to be the most attractive due to rising demand for protective coatings in the paint industry.
- The global phthalic anhydride market is highly fragmented with top five companies, accounting for less than 30% of the market in 2013. Key participants include UPC Technology Corp., Aekyung Petrochemicals, BASF SE, ExxonMobil Chemical and Polynt SpA.
Browse all reports of this category by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global phthalic anhydride market on the basis of application and region:
- Phthalic Anhydride Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Phthalate Plasticizers
• Unsaturated Polyester Resins
• Alkyd Resins
- Phthalic Anhydride Region Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012-2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all ongoing reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies, ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Related Reports by Grand View Research
Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adhesives-and-sealants-market
The global market for adhesives and sealants is expected to reach USD 43,195.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction, automotive and packaging industries, mainly in China, India and Brazil are expected to drive the demand for both adhesives and sealants over the forecast period.
Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/styrene-butaidene-rubber-industry
The global market for SBR is expected to reach USD 23,144.3 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for SBR in tire manufacturing is expected to support the growth of this market over the forecast period.