“A year ago, we had just finished prototypes of the first five models. Today, we and our customers are very satisfied with the product performance and sales evolution of this line,” said HIPOWER SYSTEMS President Rafael Acosta.
(PRWEB) August 26, 2014
HIPOWER SYSTEMS, a manufacturer of power-generation and power distribution equipment in the U.S. and Canada, today announced that since debuting its line of custom-manufactured natural gas generators in 2013, it has become a leading supplier to rental firms, the oil and gas (O&G) sector and other industries. The company now offers 13 natural gas generators in prime power ratings from 18kW to 345kW.
“A year ago, we had just finished prototypes of the first five models. Today, we and our customers are very satisfied with the product performance and sales evolution of this line,” said HIPOWER SYSTEMS President Rafael Acosta. “Reports indicate that the natural gas generator market is growing at an unprecedented rate, and HIPOWER SYSTEMS is positioned to be at the forefront of that growth.”
One of the reports to which Acosta refers comes from Pike Research, which in 2013 predicted that the market for natural gas generators would explode to nearly $10 billion between 2013 and 2018. By 2018, Pike predicts, natural gas generators will provide 60 gigawatts (60 billion watts) of capacity.
“Until recently, the natural gas genset market has experienced steady growth, but a boom in unconventional gas resources and tightening regulations limiting stationary generator emissions point to accelerating growth over the next decade,” said Pike Research Senior Research Analyst Mackinnon Lawrence at the announcement.
One of the “unconventional gas resources” HIPOWER SYSTEMS oilfield customers seek to utilize effectively is well-head gas, a freely available byproduct of oil-drilling operations that has traditionally been flared off. Properly cleaned and scrubbed, well-head gas may be suitable for use in natural gas (as well as bi-fuel) engines.
HIPOWER SYSTEMS also works closely with O&G companies (and the rental firms that often supply their generators) to provide power for a variety of operations, from pump jacks (above-ground drives for piston pumps in oil wells) to electrical submersible pumps, which extract low-flow oil resources from the ground. (More than 60 percent of producing oil wells require some type of assisted-lift technology to capture the recoverable oil.)
In its research report, Pike Research cited several valuable attributes of natural gas engines, including their ability to start quickly, handle load effectively, support efficient partial-load scenarios, maintain efficiency and output under harsh conditions, and offer excellent reliability. These attributes, combined with a reputation for quality and reliability, are making HIPOWER SYSTEMS’ natural gas generators a favorite in the O&G and rental industries.
Features of all HIPOWER SYSTEMS’ natural gas generators include:
- Meets or exceeds NEC, MSHA and OSHA standards and regulations.
- Designed to be exceedingly durable, thereby reducing failure rates and optimizing engine life and ROI.
- Carbon steel enclosures.
- EPA certified for both prime power and portable applications and up to date on all EPA emission regulations for natural gas (spark ignited) engines.
- Environmental friendly designs in a totally bounded frame with a 110% spill-containment feature.
- Equipped with the latest engine technologies to reduce fuel consumption and increase reliability.
- Integrated with MasterTrak, a Telematics asset and management tool that communicates directly with the engine and other components to provide equipment data. It lets operators (or their service companies) monitor faults and alerts remotely and in real-time, resolving engine problems and reducing costly unexpected failures.
Available options and add-ons include:
- Convenient, exterior power-distribution panels with features such as a voltage selectors, Cam-Lok connectors and receptacles.
- Winter Packs suitable for generators routinely operating in conditions from 32°F to as low as -50°F.
- Gas scrubbing and water separator systems available.
“Many oil and gas operations are sited in remote locations where reliability is mission critical and electricity is not available,” said Acosta. “Our manufacturing facility has a streamlined production system that enables us to deliver custom-built units to these operators―and to any purchaser―in 90 days or less, a rate that few competitors can match.”
About HIPOWER SYSTEMS
HIPOWER SYSTEMS (a division of Himoinsa, S.L.) is the principal supplier of power distribution and prime, standalone power-generation equipment and packages to the U.S. and Canadian markets, serving the Residential, Commercial and Industrial sectors including the Agriculture, Telecommunications, Health Care and Oil & Gas Industries. The company builds and customizes backup generators, diesel generators, natural gas generators and alternative bi-fuel generator sets from 8kw to 3Mwk with a complete range of accessories, including automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, UL tanks, enclosures and power distribution equipment.
In North America and throughout the globe, our rental packages and power distribution equipment are recognized as the best power solution source for emergency and disaster relief. For more information, visit http://www.hipowersystems.com.