'Every one of our hospitals that has participated in external review has found the process to be incredibly valuable and helpful in ensuring quality and appropriate use at their facility.' - Ralph Brindis, MD, MPH, MACC, FSCAI
Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 26, 2014
Adding more voices to the growing choir of expert commentary regarding ACE Accreditation and its services, ACE will release 2 new 3-part video series this week exploring the benefits of external quality review and the process of ACE accreditation. The featured speakers filmed their expert commentaries during the 2014 Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) Scientific Sessions in Las Vegas, NV.
ACE is the leader in accreditation and quality review services. The number of ACE clients doubled in 2013, will triple in 2014, with this trend expected to continue in 2015 and beyond. The first 3-part video series, The Benefits of ACE External Quality Review, explores the rationale and advantages of the external quality review process. “Every one of our hospitals that has participated in external review has found the process to be incredibly valuable and helpful in ensuring quality and appropriate use at their facility,” said speaker Ralph Brindis, MD, MPH, MACC, FSCAI, Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of California in San Francisco.
Videos in the 3-part series include:
- The Advantages of External Quality Review (http://youtu.be/VkIj3Rmzi78) by Peter Block, MD, MSCAI, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia
- The Importance of External Review (http://youtu.be/jvLIZ-oPKPM) by Joseph Babb, MD, FACC, FAHA, FSCAI, Professor of Medicine, East Carolina Heart Institute, Greenville, North Carolina
- Why Should Hospitals Have External Reviews? (http://youtu.be/nHnCzMvw-u4) by Ralph Brindis, MD, MPH, MACC, FSCAI, Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California
Experts offer their unique perspectives on the ACE accreditation process in the second 3-part video series, The What, Why, and How of ACE Accreditation. “The process of ACE accreditation was more stringent than any other accreditation process I’ve gone through,” said speaker Jane Kiah, MS, RN, Director of Invasive Services at the Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute in Miami, Florida. “ACE gave us the tools to identify opportunities for improvement and drive our action plans. Through that, we’ve grown as a program,” Ms. Kiah said.
- The Power of ACE Accreditation (http://youtu.be/hep92TH_CsM) by Charles Chambers, MD, FSCAI, Professor of Medicine and Radiology, Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Why I am a Strong Advocate of ACE Accreditation (http://youtu.be/QGAnLyPTfaM) by J. Jeff Marshall, MD, FACC, FSCAI, Medical Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Northeast Georgia Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- The ACE Process of Accreditation (http://youtu.be/DHuAeO9VTZ0) by Jane Kiah, MS, RN, Director, Invasive Services, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, Miami Baptist, Miami, Florida
The newest ACE videos join insightful expert commentaries on other aspects of ACE accreditation. Another 3-part series addresses The Cost/Benefit of ACE Accreditation, while introductory videos provide an overview of ACE accreditation. All of the videos are available on the ACE.TV YouTube channel (http://bit.ly/1wsMfwx).
About Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence (ACE)
ACE, an independent organization sponsored by the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF), offers independent evaluation and monitoring of facilities that provide cardiovascular care. By reviewing facility and operator performance and comparing clinical decision-making to nationally accepted best practices, ACE quality review and accreditation services play a critical role in continuous quality improvement programs. Learn more at cvexcel.org.