“Connor Sports is extremely pleased to provide six custom courts for the FIBA World Cup in Spain and to be part of this historic international basketball event,” said Ron Cerny, CEO, Connor Sport Court International.
Chicago, Illinois (PRWEB) August 27, 2014
Connor Sports has produced six custom hardwood courts for the 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain at the Barcelona, Bilbao, Gran Canaria, Granada, Madrid and Sevilla venues in their role as FIBA Equipment & Venue Centre Partner since 1994 and Official Technical Supplier of FIBA from 2013 to 2016.
The six courts will bear the Connor Sports logo and tagline “Where Champions Play” and be seen by fans around the globe on the ESPN broadcasts of the FIBA World Cup.
“Connor Sports is extremely pleased to provide six custom courts for the FIBA World Cup in Spain and to be part of this historic international basketball event,” said Ron Cerny, CEO, Connor Sport Court International. “This prestigious event will feature the best players in the world and capture the interest of basketball fans around the globe and we have delivered the highest quality courts possible to provide world class competitive surfaces.”
A time-lapse video of the production of the FIBA floors by Connor Sports is available at this link:
FIBA Floors Fast Facts
- Each FIBA World Cup court is a Connor Sports QuickLock® 19.51m x 34.14m in size.
- Each court is made up of 264 four-foot x seven-foot panels weighing 190 pounds each.
- The court installation process takes four to six hours involving a team of one or two Connor Sports Ambassadors and a local crew of 12 for each location.
- QuickLock is the same court product that Connor supplies to its NBA® customers, and is also the same type of court used for the NCAA® Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championships and Final Four® since 2006.
- Connor Sports has enhanced the shock absorption for the FIBA World Cup courts for the comfort and safety of the players through the inclusion of patented Power Shock® pads.
- The courts are constructed with solid 20mm Maple Flooring Manufacturers Association (MFMA)-certified First Grade Hard Maple.
- A special steel frame on the underside of each QuickLock court assures the panels retain their shape.
Connor Sports Environmental Responsibility
- In 2009 an independent environmental engineering firm audited and designated Connor Sports a “Zero Waste Company.”
- As a member of the Maple Flooring Manufacturers Association, Connor adheres to the strict grading and quality standards of that organization.
- Maple hardwood used in the courts is from a renewable resource, with the U.S. growing six times more hardwood than is harvested each year.
- Connor recycles 99% of its waste material and offers wood that is Forest Stewardship Council-certified. The FSC mark represents products from well-managed forests.
- Connor was the first MFMA member to be certified by the Rainforest Alliance, and is the only independently certified Zero Waste sports flooring manufacturer.
About Connor Sport Court International / http://www.connorsports.com
More athletic events are played on Connor Sport Court International surfaces than on any other sports flooring in the world. Founded in 1872, Connor Sport Court International has established themselves as the standard for professional and collegiate sports. Hardwood used in the courts is from a renewable resource, with the U.S. growing six times more hardwood than is harvested each year. Sport Court® is a registered trade mark of Connor Sport Court International. Since 1974, it has identified the original and authentic modular sport surface, continuously improved and patented to provide the highest levels of quality and performance. Connor Sport Court International is proud to be the only sports surfacing company in the world that is independently audited and verified as “Zero Waste” and fully ISO 9001:2008 certified.
# # #