Rejuvenating a Lawn with Reseeding: The Grounds Guys® Offers Landscaping Tips on Reseeding a Lawn
The Grounds Guys offer expert advice on reseeding your lawn this fall to help ensure a healthy, lush green lawn next spring.
Waco, Texas (PRWEB) August 27, 2014
After years of wear and tear, lawns can grow weary and need to be rejuvenated, replaced, or reseeded to continue to thrive. Reseeding an older lawn is a cost-effective, easy way for homeowners to give new life and growth to a thinning or struggling lawn. The Grounds Guys experts offer these reseeding tips that can help produce a lush, green lawn next spring.
Pick the best time to reseed the lawn. The fall is a good time to reseed because the soil is still warm, but the temperatures are cooler. If you’re not sure when to seed in the area, contact local lawn experts, like The Grounds Guys, for advice.
- Get rid of the dead stuff. Using a rake, remove all old clippings and dead grass or weeds before reseeding. If you have trouble spots, remove them or treat them before reseeding.
- Nourish the soil. Have the soil analyzed to help determine what nutrients and conditioners may need to be added to the soil. Then, rake a thin layer of the recommended enriched soil and fertilizer onto the lawn before reseeding.
- Level out the land. Loosen the soil and make sure the lawn is even for best reseeding and to avoid pooling of water and seeds. Have the lawn aerated or power raked by a profession like The Grounds Guys.
- Select a seed that will grow best, depending on the region, shade, sunlight, and foot traffic on the lawn. Choose a high-quality seed that is 99.9% weed free to prevent weed issues in the future. To save money, purchase the seed in bulk, but avoid over seeding the lawn. Extra seed may actually lower the germination rate of the seeds.
- Spread the seed evenly onto a prepared lawn by following the seed instructions carefully. Try mixing the seeds with sand to increase their chance of taking root.
- Keep the new seeds moist for best germination. During the first few days, water generously, and then reduce watering to a normal watering routine. Avoid watering too much because you risk washing the seeds away.
The professionals at The Grounds Guys are able to assist homeowners with seasonal care of lawns, including reseeding. They will work with homeowners to create a reseeding plan customized to meet a specific lawn’s needs.