Lake Worth, FL (PRWEB) August 28, 2014
Millennium Treatment Group has noticed a recent trend of drug use affecting users in the workplace. A recent report from the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD) states that drug abuse is costing employers an estimated $81 billion every year.
Employees who use or are addicted to drugs affect their employers and the company they work for. Drug users’ activities carry over into the workplace, causing expensive problems for their employers, such as lost productivity, injuries, theft, legal liabilities and workers’ compensation costs.
According to NCADD affiliates that provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services, there are several signs that could indicate possible workplace drug problems. These could include the following:
- Inconsistent work quality
- Poor concentration and lack of focus
- Lowered productivity or erratic work patterns
- Increased absenteeism
- Unexplained disappearances from the jobsite
- Carelessness, mistakes or errors in judgment
- Needless risk taking
- Disregard for safety for self and others, including on-the-job and off-the-job accidents
- Extended lunch periods and early departures
- Frequent financial problems
- Avoidance of friends and colleagues
- Blaming others for problems and shortcomings
- Complaints about problems at home
- Deterioration in personal appearance or hygiene
- Complaints, excuses and time off for vaguely-defined illnesses or family problems
According to the NCADD, marijuana is the most commonly used and abused illegal drug by employers, followed by cocaine, with prescription drug use steadily increasing. Millennium Treatment Group can help with all of these problems and teach drug users the skills they need to overcome their addiction.
Millennium Treatment Group offers a variety of treatment programs to help those seeking recovery. In these programs, patients will learn important skills, such as budgeting, job searching, food preparation, grocery shopping, exercise and healthy leisure time activities. Millennium Treatment Group believes these skills will help patients to become physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally and financially capable of taking care of themselves.
<br>About Millennium Treatment Group:<br>Millennium Treatment Group is a drug addiction and alcohol detox treatment facility located near Lantana, FL. At Millennium Treatment Group, they take special pride in their facilities. They also take great care to ensure that the environment they provide will be comfortable, and as conducive to recovery as possible. They feel very strongly that a therapeutic process must take place in an environment without unnecessary pressures and distractions. Millennium Treatment Group has full-time medical doctors and clinicians on staff. Their certified and licensed team will help guide patients to a life of recovery. For more information, visit their website at http://www.millenniumtreatmentgroup.com/.