Chatham, NJ (PRWEB) September 03, 2014
DriveWealth launched in late July as the first investment company capable of reaching “everyone, everywhere.” With its low-cost, mobile, and educational trading platform, DriveWealth caters to the increasingly mobile marketplace of international consumers.
During its friends and family round of funding, DriveWealth raised approximately $3.8 million. DriveWealth secured the requisite regulatory licenses and built the technology to support a global and social trading platform. DriveWealth is progressing towards its series-A round of financing which it will use to further develop its technology and expand its global marketing efforts.
Individuals worldwide use U.S. brands, but have not had the opportunity to invest in these brands at a reasonable cost. In addition, lack of financial literacy and limited accessibility have deterred many young, new, and international investors from getting started in the U.S. market. DriveWealth eliminates barriers that millennials and international investors face. These barriers include: accessibility, education, and cost.
To remove barriers, DriveWealth offers an accessible, mobile platform, educational content, and low commissions. DriveWealth’s mobile app accommodates the on-the-go life styles of global millennials. Access to free practice accounts and educational content help new investors gain confidence to invest. Once new individuals gain confidence, they are more likely to become committed, lifelong investors and traders. Furthermore, the Company charges a low $2.99 per trade commission to all customers, no matter where they are in the world.
The company aims to disrupt the financial services industry through its stacked business model. DriveWealth gains efficiency by doing all marketing, operations, compliance, technology, and reporting activities in house. DriveWealth strives to leverage its scalable technology to aggregate retail investors worldwide. It will accomplish this through both direct app development and free access to its API.
As DriveWealth builds a global brand that helps investors of all levels take control of their finances, the company’s founders will draw knowledge from their past experiences. DriveWealth’s founders built two successful web-based financial services companies that have generated $300 million in returns with less than $5 million in invested equity.
1) Fees and Expenses associated with the DriveWealth platform include $2.99 commission per transaction and a $50 deposit to open an account. There are no monthly minimum fees, or required ongoing minimum account balance.
2) Practice Accounts are available to all users risk free and at no cost to the user. Practice accounts are to be utilized for educational purposes only. Practice accounts are funded with virtual dollars, not real dollars, which means that a user can neither gain nor lose money.
3) DriveWealth's commission charge of $2.99 per transaction is among the lowest of all online brokers, based on Barron's survey of online retail brokers (March 15, 2014).
4) All investing carries risk. Past performance is not indicative of future returns, which may vary. Investments in stocks and ETFs may decline in value, potentially leading to a loss of principal. Online trading has inherent risk due to system response and access times that may be affected by various factors, including but not limited to market conditions and system performance.
An investor should understand such facts before trading. The risks associated with investing in international securities, including US-listed ADRs and ETFs that contain non-US securities include, among others, country/political risk relating to the government in the home country; exchange rate risk if the country's currency is devalued; and inflationary/purchasing power risks if the currency of the home country becomes less valuable as the general level of prices for goods and services rises.
5) Before investing in an ETF, an investor should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expense of the investment company carefully. The prospectus contains this and other important information about the investment company. You should read the prospectus carefully before investing. You may obtain a copy of the prospectus at drivewealth.com/explore/products.