Melbourne and Sydney, Australia (PRWEB) September 01, 2014
DataCore, a leader in software-defined storage, today announced that its operations in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) have undergone a dramatic transformation with new, senior staff, a new Sydney office and a bolstering demand for software-defined storage all contributing to significant overall momentum in this region.
Highlights of 2014 thus far include –
- Robust growth for new system sales. Examples of new DataCore customers include: House of Travel based in New Zealand and Dennis Family Homes, a major Australian home builder.
- New senior management with Ian Heath serving as Regional Sales Director ANZ.
- Technical expertise with an expanded team of system engineers and solutions architects serving as on-demand resources for customers and partners alike.
- A new marketing function headed by Orla Hanby, Marketing Manager - APAC, located in Melbourne Australia, that can now drive demand generation programmes and better serve the DataCore ANZ partner ecosystem with qualified prospects who have been exposed to and educated about the benefits of software-defined storage.
- New inside sales and customer care resources to increase sales engagements and better inform and serve our installed customer base.
- More local webinars and local events. For example, DataCore’s Solution Architect David Bull and our local teams are hosting breakfast meetings in Sydney & Melbourne.
- A growing presence in region – with a DataCore ANZ office in Sydney joining an expanded DataCore office in Melbourne.
- A 50% increase in sales growth compared to last year’s first half of the year business.
The ANZ team is also enhanced by a distribution network that includes: Avnet Technology Solutions, Independent Data Solutions (IDS), NewLease and Westcon Group. Moreover the reseller channel extends the DataCore ecosystem throughout ANZ. Resellers include: Addax, Data#3, Data.com, DiGiCOR, Flexnet, Lincom Solutions, Think Solutions, and numerous others.
“DataCore started the software-defined revolution in storage, has thousands of customers worldwide, and now is well positioned with a presence and a high-caliber team in ANZ to amplify our industry impact,” stated Peter Thompson, Vice President - Asia Pacific, DataCore Software. “Customers are realizing through DataCore that it’s not about the storage. Instead, it’s about turning the focus to data by delivering unmatched availability, utilization and performance.”
The ANZ Market Recognizes That Software-Defined Storage Is Transformative
Customers in key industry segments are using DataCore’s software-defined storage services platform to eliminate downtime, to achieve up to a 4x increase in capacity utilization and up to 10x increase in performance, to reduce storage costs by as much as 75%, and to make storage management both easy and simple. Notable DataCore ANZ accounts include:
Education: Murdoch University, St John Ambulance Australia (Vic) Inc, Family Planning Victoria
Healthcare: Bendigo Radiology, Canterbury District Health Board
Government: Kingston City Council, Public Transport Authority of Western Australia, Greater Dandenong City Council, Australian Taxation Office, Statistics New Zealand, and Roads and Maritime Services (NSW)
Industry Leaders: Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Ports of Auckland, Nintendo Australia PTY Ltd., and Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd.
“The storage industry is undergoing major disruption and the time is right for DataCore ANZ to breakthrough and seize the market opportunity,” said Ian Heath, Regional Sales Director (ANZ), DataCore Software. “The reality is that in region an increase in the adoption of software-defined storage strategies proves the tremendous value that DataCore offers by not only integrating customers’ storage architectures, but safeguarding their data for continuous availability, as well as accelerating access to data for the fastest response and highest throughput.”
About DataCore Software
DataCore is a leader in software-defined storage. The company’s storage virtualization software empowers organizations to seamlessly manage and scale their data storage architectures, delivering massive performance gains at a fraction of the cost of solutions offered by legacy storage hardware vendors. Backed by 10,000 customer sites around the world, DataCore’s adaptive and self-learning and healing technology takes the pain out of manual processes and helps deliver on the promise of the new software defined data center through its hardware agnostic architecture. Visit http://www.datacore.com or call (877) 780-5111 for more information.
# # #
DataCore, the DataCore logo and SANsymphony are trademarks or registered trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. Other DataCore product or service names or logos referenced herein are trademarks of DataCore Software Corporation. All other products, services and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For media & PR inquiries: