Global Beef market is expected to witness significant growth owing to food safety issues such as chemical residue and pathogen detection in other meat products.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) September 02, 2014
The global market for beef is expected to reach USD 2,151 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Beef is the third largest consumed meat globally, with growing consumer preference towards meat as a source of protein expected to drive demand for beef over the forecast period. In addition, growing disposable income in emerging markets has resulted in increased consumption of beef in comparison to pork and poultry. In addition, the market is expected to witness significant growth owing to food safety issues such as chemical residue and pathogen detection in other meat products.
Ground beef was the largest consumed product, with demand exceeding 29,500 kilotons in 2013. Popularity of ground beef comes from its use in hamburgers and meatballs. Beef steaks are expected to be the fastest growing segment due to increased preference for high quality beef, particularly in North America. The segment is expected to witness growth at an estimated CAGR of 1.24% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Beef Market Analysis, By Grade (Kosher, Halal), By Product (Ground Beef, Steaks, Cubed) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/beef-market-analysis
Request Free Sample of This Report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/beef-market-analysis/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global beef demand was 67,421 kilotons in 2012 and is expected to reach 72,931 kilo tons by 202, growing at a CAGR of 1.15% from 2014 to 2020
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest regional market for beef with revenue exceeding USD 580 billion in 2013. Growing disposable income of China coupled with high preference towards red meat is expected to be a key driver for the market over the forecast period.
- North America was a significant contributor to beef demand with consumption in excess of 12,000 kilotons in 2013. The RoW market is predominantly driven by growing demand in countries such as Brazil, Mexico and Chile.
- Increasing demand for halal beef in predominantly Islamic nations in the Middle East and Africa is expected to be a key factor having a positive impact on the market over the forecast period. The demand for Kosher beef is expected to increase in North America owing to consumer preference towards safe quality and healthier beef.
- The global market was moderately consolidated with the top four companies, accounting for over 70% of the market in 2013. The key companies in the market include Tyson Foods, JBS, National Beef Company and Cargill Meat Solutions.
Browse All Reports of This Category By Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/ready-to-eat-processed-and-frozen-foods
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Global Beef market on the basis of grade, product and region:
- Beef Grade Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- Beef Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- Ground beef
- Cubed beef
- Beef Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse All Ongoing Reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies, ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Related Reports by Grand View Research
Animal Feed Additives Market Analysis By Product,By Livestock And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-additives-market
The global market for animal feed additives is expected to reach USD 19.54 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing protein demand, especially in Asia Pacific and Latin America, is expected to be a key driver for additive demand over the next six years.
Animal Feed Organic Trace Minerals Market Analysis By Product And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-organic-trace-minerals-industry
The global market for animal feed organic trace minerals is expected to reach USD 624.6 Million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Higher bioavailability or organic trace minerals in animals as compared to inorganic counterparts is expected to be a key driver for the market over the next six years.