Key Companies in the market include AGSCO Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, Saint-Gobain Ceramics Materials GmbH, ESD-SIC b.v, Grindwell Norton Ltd.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) September 02, 2014
The global market for silicon carbide is expected to reach USD 4.49 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Positive outlook for steel manufacturing, for which SiC is used as a deoxidizing agent is expected to drive silicon carbide demand. In addition, silicon carbide is an essential element in the manufacturing of semiconductors which is expected to witness significant growth over the next six years. Revitalizing automobile industry, especially in Asia Pacific, is also expected to boost the demand for silicon carbide.
Steel and energy were the largest end use application segments for SiC, accounting for 302 kilo tons of total demand in 2013. Increasing demand for steel and energy in emerging markets of India and China, driven by infrastructure development, is expected to be a key factor for demand growth over the forecast period. Silicon carbide is also extensively used in electronics and semiconductor applications, owing to its superior properties, that accounted for over 255 kilotons of demand in 2013.
The report “Silicon Carbide Market Analysis, By Product (Black Silicon Carbide, Green Silicon Carbide) By End-use (Steel & Energy, Automotive, Aerospace & Aviation, Military & Defense, Medical & Healthcare, Electronics & Semiconductors) And Segment Forecasts To 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicon-carbide-market
Request Free Sample of This Report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicon-carbide-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global silicon carbide demand was 1,060.1 Kilotons in 2013 and is expected to reach 2,769.0 Kilotons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 15.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Black silicon carbide is most dominant product, with demand estimated at 745 6 Kilotons in 2013 due to its wider application scope in comparison to other forms of silicon carbide.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market for silicon carbide, with revenue exceeding USD 870 million in 2013. The presence of key end user industries such as steel and automotive is expected to boost demand in the region. In addition, the region is also expected to witness fastest growth, at an estimated CAGR of 16.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Medical and healthcare end use application is expected to witness the fastest growth at an estimated CAGR of 16.5% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing demand for advanced medical and healthcare in countries such as India, China, and Japan is expected to drive demand in this application.
- Key Companies in the market include AGSCO Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, Saint-Gobain Ceramics Materials GmbH, ESD-SIC b.v, Grindwell Norton Ltd.
Browse All Reports of This Category by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/automotive-and-aerospace-interior-materials
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global silicon carbide market on the basis of product, end use application and region:
- Silicon Carbide Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Black Silicon Carbide
- Green Silicon Carbide
- Others (Coated SiC, Refractory SiC, Metallurgical and Metallurgical Briquettes, SiC Micro Grit)
- Silicon Carbide End Use Applications Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Steel & Energy
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Military & Defence
- Medical & Healthcare
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Silicon Carbide Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse All Ongoing Reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies, ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Related Reports by Grand View Research
Rare Earth Elements Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/rare-earth-elements-market
The global market for rare earth elements is expected to reach USD 10.96 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for metal catalysts such as Cerium and Lanthanum is expected to drive the market over the next six years.
Plano Sunglasses Market Analysis By Material And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/plano-sunglasses-industry
The global market for Plano sunglasses is expected to reach USD 19,944.3 million by 2020, according to a new research report by Grand View Research, Inc. High-end products which are sold at premium prices are expected to contribute to industry growth.