Wakefield, MA (PRWEB) September 03, 2014
The concept of the differentiated classroom has become a fundamental guiding principle in education, but in practice, teachers often struggle to customize their material to match the different learning needs of their students.
The latest update to the JogNog Achievement System provides teachers with a wide range of tools to tailor JogNog’s standards-based quizzes to accommodate both curriculum requirements and individual students’ learning styles. New features in JogNog that support the differentiated classroom include:
1. Differentiated Assessment. Teachers can now customize JogNog’s award-winning quiz content by selecting just the questions that they want and also by creating their own.
2. New Question Styles. For visual learners, many JogNog quizzes now include images. Also, teachers can add images as they customize quizzes.
3. Flexible Incentives. For students motivated by praise and recognition, teachers can now customize JogNog’s proprietary Praise Me technology to include class-specific awards and prizes.
4. Reporting and Analysis. For teachers with large classrooms and many quizzes, JogNog has dramatically simplified classroom reporting. Teachers can easily zoom in on each individual student to analyze their performance. The new heat map tool identifies specific topics where students are having problems.
5. Downloadable Grade Book. The entire JogNog Grade Book can now be downloaded into a simple spreadsheet file for analysis or integration with existing school gradebook systems.
“For many teachers, the differentiated classroom becomes just one more thing for them to do that takes away from class time,” noted Stephen Smith, CEO of JogNog. “With this update, we’ve transformed our standards-based quiz content with tools that enable teachers to meet the needs of each student.”
“I’m excited to use the heat map report to customize quizzes in JogNog,” commented Mr. Douglas Shattuck, Engineering and Applied Technology Teacher at Concord Middle School, Concord Massachusetts and board member of the Massachusetts Computer Using Educators (MassCUE). “It quickly helps me see where my students need additional help, and it will save me time by helping me to match JogNog review and assessment to my lesson plans.”
JogNog provides digital learning apps for online formative and summative assessment that motivates students to learn in an engaging and fun way. Specifically designed to meet teachers’ needs, JogNog delivers test and review questions aligned to Common Core Standards, Next Generation Science standards, and state curriculum standards for grades 2 through 12. JogNog is one of only a few educational apps that have research showing real-world positive impact on state testing proficiency. It is available on the web, iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows phone, and educational tablets such as Amplify and Kuno. For more information about JogNog, visit http://www.JogNog.com.