According to podiatrists, more than half of Americans regularly experience aching feet, and 80% of those who go for treatment are women.
Rhinebeck, NY (PRWEB) September 03, 2014
Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week is about to kickoff, with high-styled heels strutting down the catwalk and on the sidewalks of Manhattan.
The latest shoe silhouettes run the gamut—from chunky, thick-coned heels, platform soles, and leopard booties to towering stilettos, retro/mod tall shaft boots, and knee-high sneakers. This year sees a range of prism/triangle heels, as well, some appearing to thrust the wearer forward. “Sensible” brogues and oxfords are playfully embellished, while boots go backless and feature asymmetrical cuts and graphics. Pumps get printed or decorated with fur and feathers, and straps of contrasting color or texture add extra interest. The long and short of shoe styles for fall 2014 is far from demure, and extreme silhouettes look chic—but there is a downside.
“Women love wearing heels, but the resulting pain is not glamorous,” says Lou Paradise, president and chief of research, Topical BioMedics, Inc., Rhinebeck, NY. “Wearing high heels and squeezing feet while thrusting toes forward can lead to such problems as Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, sprained and swollen ankles, blisters, aching feet, hammertoes, corns and calluses, lower back pain, and knee strain, as well as other painful conditions.”
According to podiatrists, more than half of Americans regularly experience aching feet, and 80% of those who go for treatment are women. Compounding pain issues is the fact that women not only wear high heels, they walk, on average, three miles farther than men each day.
As heels rise, so do women’s foot problems. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), women’s visits for foot- and toe-related complaints jumped up 75% between 2005 and 2009.
KEEPING FASHIONABLE FEET HAPPY AND HEALTHY
What can women do to reduce the physical dangers of wearing high heels? Here are some helpful tips from Topical BioMedics:
- Always choose comfortable high-heeled shoes that fit well, Studies show that 88% of American women wear shoes that are too small. As we age, feet expand, so it’s helpful to have them measured periodically.
- Try on shoes at the end of the day since feet swell as you stand and walk around during the day.
- To ensure a comfortable fit, try on both pairs of shoes as your feet may not be identical in size and the shoes may not be identical in size either.
- Choose high-heeled shoes with an “air bag” or very comfortable sole that protects your feet from rubbing and provides shock absorption. If the shoes you love do not have a padded sole, get a cushy insert.
- A heel that provides more surface area puts less stress on your feet, making wedges, chunky heels, and platforms a better choice than a slim or stiletto-style.
- Spend less time perched on high heels. Limit your walking and standing when wearing high heels, and whenever possible give your feet a break during the day by switching to sneakers or flats, at least for a while.
- Stretch tight shoes with shoe stretchers to make them more comfortable.
- Elevate your legs for 15 or 20 minutes to reduce swelling. This is especially important if you tend to cross your legs, which hinders circulation and causes blood to “pool” in your feet.
- Massage your legs and feet after wearing high heels, applying Topricin Foot Therapy Cream for maximum relief. Running your feet over a reflexology roller or golf ball is an effective way to massage the soles.
- For soothing relief at the end of the day, soak feet in warm water with Epsom salts (adding a few drops of pure essential oils for an extra relaxing touch). Dry well, and massage feet, ankles, and legs with Topricin Foot Therapy Cream.
“Topricin Foot Therapy Cream is ideal for women who want to strut around in heels during Fashion Week and not suffer afterwards,” says Paradise. “It’s formulated from natural biomedicines that actually help to prevent/reduce pain and injury and then help the body heal the damage that is causing pain.”
Foot Care that Works
Topricin Foot Therapy Cream targets ankles ankle and foot pain and contains fourteen natural biomedicines medicines that naturally support and assist the body by helping the subcutaneous skin layers of the feet to drain toxins and excess fluids from the tissues which increases blood flow and helps heal the damage that is causing the pain.
“Applying Topricin Foot Therapy Cream to feet before strutting out in heels helps to reduce pain and injury," says Paradise. “Then apply it afterwards to help relieve any burning, throbbing nerve pain in the feet. As an added plus, Topricin Foot Therapy Cream treats dry, cracked skin of the feet.”
Patented for treating the pain associated with neuropathy, Topricin is safe and natural and doesn’t use any volatile oils such as camphor, menthol, petroleum or lanolin, fragrances or irritating chemicals. The cream is fast absorbing, odorless, greaseless, and will not stain clothing. Formulated for maximum absorption, it can be applied as many times as needed to relieve foot pain with no fear of overuse or interference with other medications. Topricin Foot Therapy Cream has no known side effects and is safe for pregnant and nursing women and diabetics.
Fall Fashion Week 2014’s footwear doesn’t have to be torturous. By taking a few precautions and giving feet proper care and attention, fashion-minded women can indulge in the trendiest heels.
For more information visit http://www.topricin.com.
ABOUT TOPICAL BIOMEDICS
20 years in business and a Certified B Corporation, Topical BioMedics is a research and development leader in topical patented natural biomedicines for pain relief. The company’s flagship product, Topricin® Pain Relief and Healing Cream, was introduced in 1994 and is now a leading natural therapeutic brand. A combination biomedicine formula, Topricin has been awarded a patent for the treatment of pain associated with fibromyalgia and neuropathy and was listed among the Top 100 Green Products of 2012 by Healthy Holistic Living.
The Topricin family of natural healing products also includes Topricin Foot Therapy Cream, specially formulated to treat painful foot and ankle issues and conditions, and Topricin for Children, which received the Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval (with 5% of sales donated to pediatric cancer foundations). Made in the U.S.A., all Topricin products are federally-regulated over-the-counter medicines with no known side effects, no parabens, petroleum, or other harsh chemicals, no grease, and no odor.
Topical BioMedics now offers TopTrack, a new app for on-the-go pain tracking and monitoring. TopTrack is available free of charge for iPad via the App Store and will roll out on additional devices in the coming months: http://bit.ly/1rIQD89
Topricin is available in independent pharmacies, natural food and co-op stores nationwide, including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Pharmaca, The Vitamin Shoppe, Fred Meyer, Wegmans, CVS (Foot Care Section), Walgreens (Diabetic Section), and other fine retailers, as well as directly from the company.
For more information, visit http://www.topricin.com.
THE TOPICAL BIOMEDICS “GET RELIEF, GIVE RELIEF” MISSION
For over 20 years, the Topricin project has assisted hundreds of thousands of people suffering with pain and those addicted to painkillers to achieve fully restored and robust healthy living. Unfortunately, millions of people continue to suffer in pain, with many experiencing the hazardous side effects of OTC chemical pain pills or negative effects of narcotic Rx painkillers—an epidemic that turns the lives of American families upside down and is undermining the very fabric of our country.
Because of the company’s experience in addressing these challenges, it has launched its “Get Relief, Give Relief” initiative: For every purchase of Topricin, Topricin Foot Therapy, or Topricin for Children ordered directly from the company, it will donate a tube of Topricin to a credible pain clinic on the customer’s behalf for free.
The company invites the public to join its army of pain-relief warriors determined to help those in need by ending suffering and painkiller addiction and restoring hope and the joy of living life to the fullest. To “Get Relief, Give Relief,” order from http://www.topricin.com or call 1-800-LES-PAIN (537-7246).
Topical BioMedics, Inc.