Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) September 04, 2014
Brivo Labs, an Internet of Things company leading the emerging social access management market, today announced it has joined the Salesforce Wear initiative, creating the first ecosystem dedicated to accelerating the adoption of wearables in the enterprise. As part of the initiative, Brivo Labs is helping businesses create wearable experiences with its identity access management application, NthID.
NthID works with Nymi, the world's first wearable authentication device that allows users to unlock their identity with their heartbeat. By partnering with Nymi, and incorporating this authentication with Rändivoo, an application for Salesforce, Brivo is bridging the gap between physical security and the Internet of Things by letting users safely access buildings, businesses and public spaces all through the uniqueness of their cardiac rhythm.
Comments on the News:
- “It is our mission to make products and provide services that allow consumers to interact with physical buildings and devices using their social identity,” said Lee Odess, general manager of Brivo Labs. “Our work with Nymi supports the Salesforce Wear initiative and allows us to stay true to our goal. Together, we are making it possible for consumers to safely, securely and easily access public spaces, using their unique cardiac rhythm.”
- “Like mobile 10 years ago, wearables presents a huge opportunity for businesses to transform the way they work,” said Daniel Debow, SVP emerging technologies, salesforce.com. “By leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, Brivo Labs is helping companies connect with their customers in a whole new way.”
- “When it comes to wearable authentication technology, consumers should never feel like they have to sacrifice security for the sake of convenience,” said Andrew D’Souza, president, Nymi. “By partnering with Brivo, we are able to use Nymi’s seamless security to access physical spaces. It’s a big step in bringing real world trusted interactions to the Internet of Things.”
The Salesforce Wear Developer Pack for the Salesforce1 Platform
Until now, there has not been a trusted, enterprise cloud platform for businesses that want to embrace wearables. Developers who wanted to create business focused applications did not have access to an industry leading platform, reference applications and code, ecosystem support or customer data. Developers in the wearable space built great prototypes, but were not connected to a platform.
Now more than 1.5 million Salesforce1 developers can kickstart a wearable strategy. With access to a growing library of devices, sample code, documentation, demonstrations and reference apps to learn from, enterprise developers can immediately start building their own business applications connected to wearable devices.
- Become a fan of Brivo Labs: https://www.facebook.com/BrivoLabs
- Follow Brivo Labs on Twitter: https://twitter.com/brivolabs
- Learn more about Nymi: http://www.getnymi.com/
Salesforce, Salesforce1, Salesforce Wear and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
About Brivo Labs
Brivo Labs develops products and services that empower people to interact with the physical world using their unique identity. Brivo Labs is a business unit of Brivo Systems LLC. Brivo Systems is a SaaS company and worldwide leader of cloud-based physical access control and video surveillance systems. When first introduced in 2002, Brivo’s Security as a Service model was a disruptive solution, and after a decade of evolution and innovation, it still is.
Currently managing over 4 million users, Brivo provides unmatched scalability and centralized security management for global enterprises, while retaining the ease of use that makes it a favorite for small and medium business customers. The company’s award-winning Brivo OnAirSM security management system is unique in providing combined access and video management in a single cloud platform.
Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Brivo Systems and Brivo Labs is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Duchossois Group.