Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 08, 2014
Compliance officers juggle many high-risk issues, but dollar-wise they all pale in comparison to settlements under the Stark physician self-referral law. “Stark Law DOs and DON’Ts: Best Practices for Your Physician Contracts,” an upcoming Sept. 18 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will detail which deals are attracting the most government scrutiny and should set off immediate red flags in an organization, and what are the best practices in physician contracting.
In 60 minutes of presentation followed by 30 minutes dedicated to individual questions, Robert Wade of Krieg DeVault — who was recently named “compliance expert” to the Board of Halifax Health as it operates under a Corporate Integrity Agreement — will explain the types of contractual relationships that implicate the Stark law, including medical directorships, rental of office space, service agreements, bonus arrangements and much more. He will provide answers to these and other related questions about physician contracting:
- What is a Stark-compliant bonus program? Which programs could lead to trouble?
- What are the restrictions on contracts with physicians for medical directorships?
- What are the chief pitfalls in leasing space to physicians?
- When does the volume and value of referrals affect compensation?
- Where do physician contract rules come into play with employee physicians?
- What are the main components of best practices for physician contracts?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4c31_091814 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.