Lehigh Valley, PA (PRWEB) September 08, 2014
Discover Lehigh Valley’s fall promotion. “Autumn Adventures & Frightening Frolics” highlights regional seasonal activities and provides a list of savings on area events and attractions. Some of the deals range from restaurant discounts to reduced admission at festivals and ghost tours. A detailed list of events and printable coupons are available at http://www.LehighValleyFall.com
“If you want to see what fall looks like, smells like, tastes like, and is basically all about, then come to Lehigh Valley,” said Michael Stershic, President of Discover Lehigh Valley. “We are home to everything that makes the fall season special including corn mazes, haunted houses, seasonal beers, and more.”
Festivals, entertainment, and fall classics are abundant in Lehigh Valley. Featured Autumn Adventures & Frightening Frolics events and attractions include:
- America on Wheels, Allentown, Pa.: Trunk or Treating event on October 26th.
- Fegley’s Fall Whisky Festival, Allentown, Pa.: Sample fine whiskies and bourbons from America, Canada, Ireland, and Scotland at the 5th annual Fegley’s Fall Whisky Festival on October 18.
- Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites, Bethlehem, Pa.: A Buy-One-Get-One deal on the Death & Dying tour, the only cemetery tour in Bethlehem to take guests through the 1741 Gemeinhaus, a National Historic Landmark, as well as the oldest standing building in the city.
- Hotel of Horrors/Altered Nightmares, Saylorsburg, Pa.: Mention “Frightening Frolics” at the box office and receive a special prize with a combo purchase.
- LL Bean Outdoor Discovery School, Center Valley, Pa.: Fall Foliage Kayak Tour at Lake Nockamixon State Park.
- Moravian Book Shop, Bethlehem, Pa.: Take ghost tours through Historic Downtown Bethlehem.
- Oktoberfest 5K, Bethlehem, Pa.: Use the code “PROSTRUN” when checking-out to redeem $5 off your registration for the Yuengling Oktoberfest 5k in Bethlehem, Pa. on October 5.
- Old Jail Museum, Jim Thorpe, Pa.: Experience ghostly happenings as you wander dark cells in the 1871 Old Jail. Hear spine-chilling tales of strange touches, mysterious voices, black shadows and wispy mists that occur in the Old Jail.
- State Theatre Center for the Arts, Easton, Pa.:: Receive a free child’s ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket to Haunted Illusions: Magic of David Caserta, Saturday, October 25th, 7 p.m.
- Steel Street Tours, Bethlehem, Pa.: Have a scary good time on a ghost hunt with a real paranormal investigator.
- The Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor, Easton, Pa.: Take a ride on the Josiah White II canal boat for a Fall Color Cruise.
- The Heritage Guild, Easton, Pa.: Slingin’ Lead at the Undead, an all-inclusive zombie themed firearms/archery shoot on the range, dinner, and a movie.
- True North Farm Outdoor Adventures, East Stroudsburg, Pa.: Moon on the Delaware River – Hunter’s Moon October 10
Visitors seeking perks on hotel rooms have some outstanding options as well. Participating Autumn Adventures & Frightening Frolics hotel locations include:
- Allentown Comfort Suites: 3712 Hamilton Blvd. Allentown, Pa. 610-437-9100
- Robin Hill Camping Resort: 149 Robin Hill Rd., Lenhartsville, Pa. 610-756-6117
- Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport: 1787 A Airport Rd. Allentown, Pa. 610-443-5000
Detailed descriptions for all Autumn Adventures & Frightening Frolics participants can be found at http://www.DiscoverLehighValley.com. Many include links for coupons that can be printed and used upon arrival. Discounts are available through October 31, 2014.
The Lehigh Valley region of eastern Pennsylvania is located about one hour north of Philadelphia and less than two hours west of New York City. It is home to the three cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Discover Lehigh Valley is the designated destination marketing organization (DMO) of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to promote and develop Lehigh Valley as a leisure and business travel destination. Created in 1984, Discover Lehigh Valley assists in promoting regional tourism, an industry that generates $1.857 billion in annual revenue and accounts for more than 22,000 jobs in Lehigh Valley. For more information on Discover Lehigh Valley and its activities or to request a Lehigh Valley Official Visitors Guide, call (800) MEET-HERE, or visit the official tourism website of Lehigh Valley at DiscoverLehighValley.com.