The combination of FMC-10GE module and Innovative Integration's ePC-K7 provides a powerful, stand-alone, Xilinx FPGA-based, IF transceiver
Simi Valley, California (PRWEB) September 11, 2014
Innovative Integration, a trusted supplier of signal processing and data acquisition hardware and software solutions, today announced the FMC-10GE which provides two 10 Gb Ethernet ports on a custom FMC module. Two, standard RJ45 connectors support connection to CAT6e networks providing high speed connectivity to PCs, servers, embedded computers such as Innovative's ePC products or custom, intelligent IO. Aggregated burst rates of up to 20 Gbps are achievable.
The two 10GE ports are fully independent on the module. Monitoring and control signals are mapped to the FMC interface for detection, loss-of-signal, rate and device control. Atypically, the NIC onboard the FMC-10GE is enumerated and controlled as a PCIe device, under the control of the ePC-K7's quad-core i7 processor rather than the systems Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA, allowing use of standard Windows/Linux applications to effectively leverage the communications ports. The FMC-10GE works with legacy Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches and Cat 6e cabling.
The combination of FMC-10GE and Innovative ePC-K7 provides a powerful, stand-alone, FPGA-based wireless transceiver.
- Two independent 10GBASE-T interfaces with SR-IOV support
- 10 GbE/1 GbE/100 Mb/s copper PHYs integrated on-chip
- PCIe 2.1 (2.5GT/s or 5GT/s), Bus width — x1, x2, x4, x8
- Support for jumbo frames of up to 15.5 KB
- Flow control support: send/receive pause
frames and receive FIFO thresholds
- TCP segmentation offload: up to 256 KB
- IPv6 support for IP/TCP and IP/UDP receive checksum offload
- Fragmented UDP checksum offload for packet reassembly
- Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
- Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI-X)
- 128 transmit queues
- Receive packet split header
- Receive header replication
- Dynamic interrupt moderation
- Interrupt throttling control to limit maximum interrupt rate and improve CPU usage
- DCA support
- TCP timer interrupts
- No snoop
- Relaxed ordering
(Note: module NIC requires enumeration and control via PCIe root master
About Innovative Integration
Innovative Integration is a subsidiary of Interconnect Systems, Inc. Since 1988, Innovative Integration has grown to become one of the world’s leading providers of signal processing and data acquisition hardware and software. For more information on Innovative Integration please visit http://www.innovative-dsp.com. Innovative Integration is a registered trademark of Interconnect Systems, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.