(PRWEB) September 12, 2014
Second Annual Race for Every Child Turns America’s “Main Street” into Fun Kids’ Zone as Families Run/Walk 5K to Raise $1 Million for Children’s National Health System
Nationally and internationally renowned Children’s National Health System in Washington, D.C., will hold its second annual Race for Every Child, a 5k (3.1 miles) run/walk. More than 4,600 runners and walkers will take their mark on Saturday, September 13, with the goal to raise $1 million by November 1, 2014.
Additional activities include:
- Kids’ Dash (100 yards / 1 city block) for kids aged 3 to 10
- FitKids Fun Zone for kids, Superheroes of Southern Maryland, Great Kids Events’ race day track and sports inflatables
- Face-painting, magician and balloon art
- Health-related activities
- Live music
- Awards ceremony for top teams and individuals
Funds raised from the race will help make sure that every child in the Washington metropolitan area – as well as those across the country and around the world who come to Children’s National – can get the world-class care they need. Consider:
- Every year, Children’s National serves more than 319,000 children, giving each child the same level of care, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
- Its emergency department is among the busiest in the area, with 200-350 visits a day.
Saturday, September 13, 2014, 7:00 a.m. to noon. Packet pick-up is 7:00-8:15 a.m.
NOTE: Registration to run/walk in the Race is closed
Freedom Plaza - Pennsylvania Avenue and 13th Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
Erin Corcoran, 703-489-0818 or Berry Brady, 703-609-6643
For more information, go to RaceForEveryChild.org
Children's National Health System, based in Washington, DC, has been serving the nation's children since 1870. Children's National's hospital is Magnet®-designated, and is consistently ranked among the top pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report and the Leapfrog Group. Home to the Children's Research Institute and the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation, Children's National is one of the nation's top NIH-funded pediatric institutions. With a community-based pediatric network, eight regional outpatient centers, an ambulatory surgery center, two emergency rooms, an acute care hospital, and collaborations throughout the region, Children's National is recognized for its expertise and innovation in pediatric care and as an advocate for all children. For more information, visit ChildrensNational.org, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.