(PRWEB) September 13, 2014
Arthritis Foundation and Massage Envy Spa will again hold Healing Hands for Arthritis, a one-day national event to raise money for a cure for arthritis.
On Sept. 17 the 30 Massage Envy Spas in Greater Houston will donate $10 from every one-hour massage or facial to the Arthritis Foundation. The money will support research to find a cure and programs and services for arthritics.
In addition, 10 percent of the sales of Murad skin care products sold at Massage Envy locations during the event will be donated to the Arthritis Foundation. Additionally, Wyndmere and BioFreeze will also donate 10 percent of all retail products sold at both Massage Envy Spa and Massage Envy Spa locations during the event.
All proceeds raised during the event will go to the Arthritis Foundation to fund research for a cure as well as provide valuable programs and services.
Massage Envy Spa and the Arthritis Foundation share a common understanding about the devastating effects of arthritis on the body and the potential for massage therapy to relieve and control certain symptoms.
To date, Massage Envy Spa has raised more than $2 million to help the Arthritis Foundation serve the more than 50 million adults and 300,000 children affected by arthritis.
To make an appointment, see massageenvy.com/healing-hands-for-arthritis.aspx or log on to http://www.massageenvy.com/regions/TX/Houston to find the nearest Houston Massage Envy Spa.
- Several studies from institutions such as The Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami School of Medicine, Yale University, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Harvard Medical School show that massage therapy can help relieve some of the serious pain and limited mobility associated with arthritis and related diseases.
- Massage therapy can play an important role in alleviating the pain and swelling caused by arthritis, improving flexibility and circulation and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Massage treatments target muscle pain and trigger points to help alleviate the constant aches and help manage stress.
- For more information on the benefits of massage, see http://www.arthritistoday.org/arthritis-treatment/natural-and-alternative-treatments/remedies-and-therapies/benefits-of-massage.php.
- Arthritis strikes more than 50 million Americans (one in five), and that number is soaring.
- Arthritis impacts people of every age. Two-thirds of people who suffer from the disease are under age 65, including 300,000 children.
- Arthritis is the leading cause of disability. It exerts a heavy financial toll of $128 billion annually in medical expenses, lost earnings and reduced productivity.
- By 2030, an estimated 67 million Americans will have arthritis, disabling our nation even further.
About the Arthritis Foundation
Striking one in every five adults and 300,000 children, arthritis is the nation’s leading cause of disability. The Arthritis Foundation (http://www.arthritis.org) is committed to raising awareness and reducing the impact of this serious, painful and unacceptable disease, which can severely damage joints and rob people of living life to its fullest. The Foundation funds life-changing research that has restored mobility in patients for more than six decades; fights for health care policies that improve the lives of the millions who live with arthritis; and partners with families to provide empowering programs and information.
About Massage Envy Spa
Massage Envy Spa, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a national franchisor, and through its franchised locations, is the leading provider of therapeutic massage in the United States. The national franchise is dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic massage and spa services to members and guests with busy lifestyles at convenient times and locations. Founded in 2002, Massage Envy Spa has more than 1,000 franchise locations in 49 states and over 1.5 million members. In addition, the average unit volume for a franchise location is $1.35 million. Through its national partnership with the Arthritis Foundation, Massage Envy Spa has raised more than $2 million in three, one-day Healing Hands for Arthritis events. The company was recently ranked #1 Best Franchise with an initial investment of $500,001 and up by Forbes, #88 in Franchise Time's Top 200, #54 in Entrepreneur's 2014 Franchise 500 and #24 in its Fastest Growing Franchise rankings. Massage Envy Spa is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and was named a 2013 Military Friendly Franchise. For more information, visit MassageEnvy.com.