New York, NY (PRWEB) September 12, 2014
Techweek, the nation’s leading technology conference and festival showcasing, celebrating and enabling emerging innovation ecosystems, today released the New York Techweek100, an annual list comprised of the most influential New York-based technology and business leaders. Individuals included in the Techweek100 have been identified as the most significant contributors to the growth of the New York technology and innovation ecosystem.
The Techweek100 is not a ranking, but rather an annual list of 100 technology organizations and their leaders as selected by the local Techweek community, as well as the Techweek Advisory Boards and the Techweek team. The annual list includes leaders of fast-growing tech companies, organizations, key enablers of the digital ecosystem, creators of new technologies, and other innovators actively making important contributions in New York’s technology landscape.
The methodology for selecting honorees to be included in the Techweek100 is consistent across all Techweek cities year-over-year. Techweek reviews five major factors in the nomination process; each of the nominees must have:
1. Played an instrumental role in the growth of an accelerating market-specific technology company
2. Led specific innovative technology initiatives for public or private corporations in his or her ecosystem
3. Been an active supporter of growth in the community as an advisor or mentor
4. Created a net benefit for the public (i.e. invented a coding language or led a civic initiative)
5. Played an integral role in attaining the necessary capital for success and strategic growth for one or more ventures
“Every year, the Techweek100 provides us with a unique opportunity to recognize a group of influential contributors making a significant impact and facilitating the growth of technology in New York,” said Iain Shovlin, Chairman of Techweek. “We are proud to spotlight those who continue to innovate, inspire, and impact the success of technology in New York as we strive to achieve our goal of celebrating and enabling emerging innovation ecosystems throughout the country.”
Techweek100 honorees display originality, gumption, and ambition in supporting the growth of their local technology community. This year’s honorees have made a substantial contribution to the New York technology community, and include notable names such as:
- Jared Hecht – Founder & CEO, Fundera; Co-Founder, GroupMe
- Alexa Von Tobel – Founder & CEO, LearnVest
- Reshma Saujani – Founder, Girls Who Code
- Justin Stefano & Philippe Von Borries – Co-founders, Refinery29
- Hilary Mason – Founder, Fast Forward Labs
Members of the Techweek100 are invited to all Techweek events, and are among each conference’s most celebrated attendees. The full list of New York Techweek100 honorees can be viewed at: http://www.techweek.com/techweek100.
The second annual Techweek New York will take place September 29, 2014 – October 5, 2014, with the conference and expo occurring on October 2-3 at 82Mercer in Manhattan. The event will feature high-profile speaker sessions, the Startup LAUNCH competition, Hiring Fair, FashionTECH Runway Show, networking opportunities, and more.
To learn more about Techweek New York 2014 or register, visit http://www.techweek.com/newyork.