Reston, VA (PRWEB) September 15, 2014
Rivet Logic Corporation, a leading consulting and systems integration firm focused on helping major enterprises build riveting digital experiences with leading open source and cloud-based software, announced that its Marketplace Team has been selected by Liferay as a Top Contributor for Q2 2014.
Formed in 2013, the Marketplace Team is made up of members from Rivet Logic’s USA and Costa Rica offices. The team has a collective goal of enabling Liferay Portal users to quickly and easily enhance their existing Liferay deployments through high quality open source apps that simplify the performance of everyday tasks.
To date, the Marketplace team has contributed 18 open source apps to the Liferay Marketplace, satisfying a variety of business needs:
- HR Portal – Fully functional generic Human Resources Portal solution.
- Mobile People Directory – Makes user data available on mobile devices through a mobile-friendly interface.
- Calculator – Performs basic math operations.
- Tip of the Day – Displays categorized Web content in a pop-up each day the user logs in.
- ToDos – Allows users to visualize, create, and maintain a list of things to do.
- Address Validator – Enables address validation through use of third party APIs.
- Scheduled Job Manager – Displays all Message Listeners that the Liferay Portal server is running.
- Events – Allows portal users to create events and invite guests via email.
- Announcer – Allows an administrator to configure a set of articles to be presented to a user on visit in a modal panel.
- Tout – Used to promote a new service or product in a portal.
- Hovercard – Enables users to see common information (email, friends, phone number) about other users by hovering over their profile image.
- Google Drive Quick Links – Integrated with Google’s Picker API and allows a user to maintain quick links to frequently accessed Google Drive documents from within Liferay.
- Whiteboard – Real-time collaboration tool for Liferay sites, enabling users to share a discussion board for collaborative sketching and brainstorming.
- Evernote Organizer – Allows users to organize their Evernote content from within Liferay.
- Skype Chat & IM – Allows portal users to start new conversations and calls with other users through Skype.
- Crafter Liferay CMS Integration – Enables rendering of articles authored in Crafter CMS within a Liferay portlet.
- Voice Commands – Enable users to execute actions in Liferay using their voice.
- Geo Location Services – Enables Geo IP functionalities in apps, allowing specific content to be displayed to users based on their location.
“We’re thrilled to see our Marketplace Team recognized as a Liferay Top Contributor for their open source community contributions,” says Mike Vertal, President and CEO of Rivet Logic. “Liferay Portal on its own is a powerful platform for building a variety of business solutions, and we thrive on helping Liferay users easily extend that capability and utilize Liferay to its fullest potential.”
For more information about Rivet Logic’s Marketplace Team contributions, visit https://www.liferay.com/web/pages-rivet-logic-corporation/profile.
About Rivet Logic Corporation
Rivet Logic is an award-winning consulting, design and systems integration firm that helps leading organizations build riveting digital experiences, and the solutions to manage and optimize them. Digital experiences that engage all types of users – customers, employees, all stakeholders. Digital experiences driven by content, and optimized with data. Most regarded for its deep technical expertise, Rivet Logic enables organizations to fully leverage the power of industry-leading open source and cloud software such as Alfresco, Liferay, Crafter CMS, MongoDB and more. With offices throughout the USA, Rivet Logic serves clients across a wide range of industries. Visit us at http://rivetlogic.com