Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) September 15, 2014
Mr. Edgar will share benchmarks based on more than 1 million physical and occupational therapy visits for:
- Procedures and wRVUs per provider work hour
- Procedures and wRVUs per visit
- Visits per hour and day per provider
- Visits per patient
- Initial evaluation cancellation rate
- Follow-up visit cancellation rate
- Payments per procedure/wRVU
- Payments per visit
- Net margin
He will also address:
- Which therapy specific metrics are the most relevant indicators of productivity and profitability
- How can these benchmarks be used to help gauge quality of care and patient satisfaction
- How can these benchmarks be used to gauge and improve productivity and profitability
"As margins are squeezed by stagnant and decreasing payment rates and higher costs, rehab managers and providers need to identify, collect and understand data that provides an accurate and relevant measure of results and how to use this data to drive improvements in outcomes, patient satisfaction and profitability” says Edgar.
Mr. Edgar, a PTMS founder and frequent speaker on the financial and legal aspects of developing and managing outpatient rehab, helps hospitals, health systems and physician groups collect and analyze data from over 500,000 outpatient rehab visits per year.
PTMS leverages its financial, operational and regulatory expertise to help healthcare organizations manage their therapy programs, ranging from the development and management of new programs to the expansion of existing programs and the reinvigoration of underperforming programs.
About PT Management Support Systems
PTMS is the nationwide leader in helping healthcare organizations, hospitals and physician groups develop and optimize the performance of physical and occupational therapy programs. In addition to providing financial, operational and compliance solutions that generate a substantial ROI, PTMS offers real-time physical and occupational therapy benchmarking, productivity tracking and reporting through its Web-based TherapyWorks solution. Based in Phoenix, Arizona, PTMS currently works with healthcare organizations throughout the U.S. For additional information, please email cedgar(at)pt-management(dot)com.