Newtown Square, Pennsylvania (PRWEB) September 15, 2014
The Petplan Veterinary Awards are back for a fourth year of fun, felicitations and a furry friend or two! After pawing through thousands of nominations from pet parents across North America, Petplan, America’s best-loved pet insurance provider, is proud to announce the semifinalists for its 2015 Veterinary Awards.
Two brand new categories – outstanding Veterinary Receptionist and extraordinary Pet Parent – mean this year’s awards are set to be the biggest and most exciting ever.
“Honoring the veterinary profession’s best and brightest for the past three years has been an incredible experience and we can’t wait for 2015,” said Natasha Ashton, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Petplan. “The wonderful nominations we received show that the nation’s pets couldn’t be in better paws. At Petplan, our motto is that pets come first – so we’re proud to be a part of that.”
Petplan’s Veterinary Awards Judging Panel – comprised of prominent pet health professionals and veterinarians – is tasked with picking three top dogs in each category to advance as finalists, as well as naming the Pet Parent of the Year.
Pet parents and friends can be part of the pack too, by voting for their favorite nominees at GoPeptplan.com/raiseapaw. Voting opened today (September 15) and will scamper through to October 17 (voting will close at midnight EST). Finalists, as well as the Pet Parent of the Year, will be barked to the world Monday, October 20.
Petplan selected the following su-purr semifinalists in each category:
Practice of the Year
- Adobe Animal Hospital - Los Altos, CA
- Coral Springs Animal Hospital - Coral Springs, FL
- Family Pet Animal Hospital - Chicago, IL
- Metropolitan Veterinary Associates - Valley Forge, PA
- Riverview Animal Hospital - Durango, CO
- University Animal Hospital - Tempe, AZ
Veterinarian of the Year
- Dr. Kevin Benjamino, Affiliated Veterinary Specialists - Orange Park, FL
- Dr. Mark Dilworth, Beaches Animal Hospital - Toronto, ON
- Dr. Tricia Earley, Hulen Hills Animal Hospital - Fort Worth, TX
- Dr. Steve Escobar, Springfield Veterinary Center - Glen Allen, VA
- Dr. Tracey Jensen, Wellington Veterinary Clinic PC - Wellington, CO
- Dr. Matthew Wheaton, Alicia Pet Care Center - Laguna Hills, CA
Veterinary Technician of the Year
- Mallory Anacker, RVT, The Whole Pet Veterinary Services - Los Gatos, CA
- Monique Feyrecilde, LVT, Mercer Island Veterinary Clinic - Mercer Island, WA
- Sarah Governski, LVT, Hope Advanced Veterinary Center - Vienna, VA
- Krista Hogsett, CVT, Village Animal Hospital - Lexington, KY
- Bethany Martin, RVT, Alicia Pet Care Center - Mission Viejo, CA
- Samantha Fritz Waibel, CVT, Center for Animal Referral and Emergency Services (CARES) - Langhorne, PA
Practice Manager of the Year
- Gretchen Dillon-Sauer, CVPM, South Carolina Veterinary Specialists - Columbia, SC
- Terry Ryan, RVT, North Tustin Vet Clinic - Tustin, CA
- Sophia Sanchez, Mesa Veterinary Clinic - El Paso, TX
- Ben Sures, RVT, Montrose Pet Hospital - Montrose, CA
- Jody Weaver, CVT, Rau Animal Hospital - Glenside, PA
- Patricia Wininger, Springboro Veterinary Hospital - Springboro, OH
Receptionist of the Year (new in 2015)
- Delia Angulo, The Whole Pet Veterinary Services - Los Gatos, CA
- Verna Burr, Dupont Veterinary Clinic - Washington DC
- Bob Gauthier, Red Mountain Animal Hospital - Mesa, AZ
- Tracey Hinkle, Westfield Animal Hospital - Westfield, NJ
- Catherine Quigley, Dakota Veterinary Hospital - Winnipeg, MB
- Jessica Wood, Longwood Veterinary Center Inc. - Kennett Square, PA
Pet Parent of the Year (new in 2015)
- Lindsay Condefer, Street Tails Animal Rescue - Philadelphia, PA
- Bobbie Mayer, author, “Corgis on Wheels” - Fresno, CA
- Stephanie Pearl, Second Chance Pet Adoption League - Oak Ridge, NJ
Winners will be announced on Sunday, January 18, at Petplan’s 2015 Veterinary Awards Dinner at the Four Seasons Resort in Orlando, FL, held in concert with the North American Veterinary Community Conference. With the finalists in attendance – as honored guests of Petplan – Dr. Ernie Ward will emcee an evening celebrating the best in veterinary medicine.
All finalists will receive a three-day, all-expenses-paid trip for two to attend the gala: the paw-fect opportunity for some well-deserved downtime!
The overall winner in each cat-egory will be awarded a $1,000 cash prize and a $1,000 donation to a pet-focused charity of their choice. Remember, voting is now open – Let your paws do the talking!
To learn more about Petplan or the Veterinary Awards, please visit http://www.GoPetplan.com/vetawards.
Petplan is more than a pet insurance company. We're dedicated to providing pet parents with the support, resources and tools they need to keep their pets not just surviving—but thriving—into their old age. Simply put, we aim to be the kind of company that will make our pets proud. For the second consecutive year, Petplan was listed among the top 50 companies on Forbes' annual ranking of America’s Most Promising Companies – a list of 100 privately held, high-growth companies with bright futures. Petplan is the only pet insurance company to have been included on Inc. Magazine’s list of 500 fastest-growing, privately held companies in America.
Petplan’s fully customizable cat and dog insurance policies provide comprehensive coverage for all hereditary and chronic conditions for the life of the pet as standard. Petplan policies are underwritten by AGCS Marine Insurance Company in the U.S. and by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company in Canada. The Allianz Group was rated A+ by A.M. Best in 2012. For more information about Petplan pet insurance, visit http://www.gopetplan.com or call 1-866-467-3875.