“Brightree’s enhancements, including the new PAR workflow, now enable providers to automate these complex manual processes," said Dave Cormack, president and CEO of Brightree.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) September 16, 2014
Brightree®, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical, business management and billing software solutions for the post-acute care industry, today announced the immediate availability of its latest release of Brightree HME, serving home medical equipment (HME) providers, orthotics and prosthetics providers as well as home infusion pharmacies. The release includes new capabilities for prior authorization requests (PARs), electronic purchasing, document management and electronic eligibility checking all of which lead to increased revenue, streamlined workflows and reduced costs for providers.
“As many HME providers are looking to diversify their product and payer mixes, they often don’t take into account the unique billing requirements some of the commercial payers have for successful claim submission,” said Dave Cormack, president and CEO of Brightree. “Brightree’s enhancements, including the new PAR workflow, now enable providers to automate these complex manual processes, reducing the risk of human error and ensuring providers can more confidently pursue commercial payer contracts and protect operating margins.”
This latest release of Brightree HME includes the following key enhancements:
- New automated and intelligent PARs – Now enables providers to intelligently and automatically generate PARs based on unique payer requirements. The auto-generated PAR initiates workflow processes within Brightree, enabling the order to be filled. In addition, providers are able to easily identify and track expiring PARs, and built-in workflow processes can address these expirations. By automating the PAR process, providers’ workflows are streamlined and reimbursements are protected by ensuring clinical documentation requirements are met prior to distribution of equipment and / or claim submission.
- Improved exception management for electronic purchasing – Providers using Brightree electronic purchasing (ePurchasing) now have enhanced visibility and workflows that include acknowledgement of shipments and access to order exception management to view only shipping exceptions, eliminating the need to search extensive transaction lists.
- Enhanced visibility to drop shipments in ePurchasing workflow – Brightree ePurchasing now enables providers to search and view status of orders that are drop-shipped direct to patients. This capability helps providers improve patient satisfaction and enables them to bill and get paid faster with delivery tracking. Drop-ship direct-to-patient enables just-in-time delivery so HME providers are not required to buy supplies in bulk, eliminating inventory carrying costs, costly storage space and potential spoilage of supplies.
- New audit workflows with Brightree Document Management – New Brightree Document Management capabilities strengthen an HME provider’s ability to protect reimbursements and respond more efficiently to additional documentation requests (ADRs). The new capabilities include an integrated AuditResponse™ Workflow that reduces audit response times by 60-70 percent for Medicare audits, integrated electronic faxing, and EasySort™ Workflow that reduces the effort associated with managing multi-page scanned documents, especially during the patient intake process.
- New electronic eligibility checks with Brightree Connect – Brightree Connect, a single platform for patient interaction and revenue management of a provider’s OSA, diabetic and enteral resupply business, now includes an electronic eligibility check to ensure up-to-the-minute patient eligibility prior to contact for resupply. This new capability automatically checks and verifies patient insurance information to help maximize compliance and reduce denials, while giving providers flexibility to enable and disable by payer.
For more information about Brightree’s updates and enhancements, visit http://www.brightree.com.
Brightree is the leading provider of cloud-based software to improve clinical and business performance in the post-acute care industry. The Company serves more than 3,000 organizations in the home medical equipment (HME), home health, hospice, orthotic and prosthetic (O&P), HME pharmacy, home infusion and rehab home care segments. Brightree’s solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their businesses, serve patients, and protect reimbursements. The company is ranked as one of the top 100 healthcare IT companies in the U.S. on the prestigious Healthcare Informatics 100 (HCI 100) list. For further information, visit http://www.brightree.com or call 1-844-GET-BTRE (438-2783)
Brightree is a registered trademark of Brightree LLC.