Washington, D.C, (PRWEB) September 19, 2014
WTOP, Washington’s Top News at 103.5 FM and WTOP.com today announced the results of its most recent “Beltway Poll” measuring the public’s opinion on the Ray Rice and NFL controversy.
The poll, conducted by Heart and Mind Strategies, surveyed residents of the Washington Metropolitan Area and found that 60 percent believe that Ray Rice should be given another chance to play in the NFL. In addition, when asked if they believe the NFL had not viewed the inside the elevator video, the majority of residents said “no.” However, they do not believe that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell should lose his job.
The specific findings of the poll:
- 28% of residents think the NFL’s treatment of Ray Rice was too light, 41% just right and 31% too harsh
- 62% think the NFL’s treatment of players who commit criminal acts is too light
- 71% do not believe the NFL when it says it had not viewed the inside the elevator video
- 60% believe NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell should not lose his job
- 68% think Ray Rice will play in the NFL again
- 81% say the Ravens’ handling of this situation will not cause them to stop watching their games or buying team merchandise
The WTOP “Beltway Poll,” conducted by Heart and Mind Strategies, was created by polling 619 participants in the WTOP listening area from September 11-16, 2014. The comprehensive findings can also be found online at http://www.wtop.com.
WTOP Radio has served the Washington region since 1926 and has been Washington’s all-news radio station since 1969. WTOP is the most widely listened-to radio station in the nation’s capital. WTOP can be heard on 103.5 FM in the metro, 103.9 FM in Frederick, 107.7 FM to the South and West and worldwide at wtop.com. WTOP and its sister station Federal News Radio are owned and operated by Hubbard Radio, LLC.
# # #