Tallmadge, OH (PRWEB) September 18, 2014
Trick Flow’s PowerPort 365 aluminum cylinder heads offer a great combination of big flow and cost effectiveness. Designed to extract as much power from the conventional big block Chevy design as possible, the cylinder heads are ideal for racers that want extra airflow, but don’t necessarily want to go through the hassle and expense of converting to a “Big Chief” style cylinder head.
The PowerPort 365s have Trick Flow’s CNC Competition Ported runners; this top-of-the-line CNC machining process gives the runners a smooth, high resolution finish to maximize airflow. Trick Flow also revised the CNC-profiled combustion chambers to 119cc to help support higher compression ratios without compromising airflow.
A lot of work was spent balancing and maximizing airflow among all eight intake runners. On a factory-style head, the runners for cylinders one, four, five, and eight are “curved wall,” or dogleg style. These runners flow less than the other “straight wall” runners, meaning their respective cylinders get less air. Trick Flow reworked the curved wall runners on the PowerPort 365s to increase their airflow capacity. The result is more equally balanced airflow to all cylinders, which produces more power.
As tested on Trick Flow’s Superflow bench, peak airflow is 424 cfm intake/337 cfm exhaust at .900 inches of valve lift. The PowerPort 365s flow well at mid-lift too; the intake side flows 385 cfm at .600 inch lift and 411 cfm at .700 inch.
The PowerPort 365s love cubic inches, high compression, or a power adder like nitrous and supercharging. Trick Flow recommends using the heads on engines that are 500 cubic inches or larger.
Trick Flow PowerPort 365 Specifications
- Combustion Chambers: 119cc, CNC-profiled
- Intake Runners: 365cc CNC Competition Ported, stock location
- Exhaust Runners: 135cc CNC Competition Ported, ports raised .300 inch from stock
- Valves: 2.350 inch intake and 1.880 inch exhaust, one-piece stainless steel
- Valve Springs: Trick Flow by Pac Racing Pacaloy™1.645 inch diameter triple, rated to .900 inches of valve lift
- 10 degree titanium valve spring retainers and 10° steel valve locks
- 7/16 inch rocker arm studs and guideplates for 3/8 inch pushrods
- Can accommodate 7/16 inch pushrods to handle stiff race-style valve springs
- Accepts stud-mount or shaft-mount rocker arms
Trick Flow Specialties