New York, NY (PRWEB) September 18, 2014
GroupMe, the leading group mobile messaging platform, announced the release of GroupMe iOS 5.0. The completely rebuilt and redesigned app makes it simple and fun for users to stay connected with all the groups in their lives.
The new version allows users to easily create both group and direct messages with a single tap, block specific contacts, insert sticker-sized emoji to emphasize emoji-only messages, and keep track of the most popular content shared within the chat.
“We’re incredibly excited to release the redesigned GroupMe to all of our iOS users. With simple group and direct messaging, an enhanced emoji experience, and new features, such as Popular, we continue build upon our easy-to-use, functional and fun messaging experience,” stated Chris Connolly, Director of Product at GroupMe.
Users engage with GroupMe on multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, without the app via SMS, and on the web at groupme.com.
- Media Search: Search for and send GIFs, videos, and images. Powered by Bing and Giphy.
- Likes: Share the love by “liking” a message and find the most liked messages in “Popular.”
- Emoji: 6 exclusive emoji packs available for free. Emoji-only messages now appear sticker-sized for additional emphasis.
- Memes: Ability to meme and re-meme images.
- Inline Content: See thumbnail views of content shared via URLs (articles, videos, tweets).
- Notifications: Control app and specific chat notifications.
- Gallery: Photos and videos shared in the chat are saved in the Gallery.
- Group Messages: Easily add or remove people in group chats and clear chat history.
- Direct Messages: Use all the same great messaging features of group messaging to chat with your contacts one-on-one.
A home for all the groups in your life. GroupMe users can share text and photo messages, locations, and content from the internet for free with anyone and across all mobile and desktop devices. Get your group together. A member of the Skype/Microsoft family.