It’s amazing to see a 3D reconstruction of a stockpile generated from an iPhone. Our clients are very impressed when they first see it—and the resulting measured volume reports are extremely accurate.
Redmond, WA (PRWEB) September 22, 2014
StockpileReports.com announced a new Stockpiles App on the iPhone 6 device, allowing businesses to measure stockpiles on-site, utilizing Apple’s advanced iOS 8 operating system. Businesses can now take advantage of Apple’s Focus Pixels with larger landscape display screen to capture video measurements in lower-light. Stockpile reports are generated quickly with accuracy comparable to LiDAR.
“It’s amazing to see a 3D reconstruction of a stockpile generated from an iPhone. Our clients are impressed when they first see it—and the resulting measured volume reports are extremely accurate. It’s fast and a whole lot less expensive than a $40,000 laser. It’s so easy our client's front loader drivers can do it. It really is a game-changer,” said Maury Margol, Head of Sales and Business Development at Stockpile Reports.
iPhone 6 Stockpiles App Benefits:
- Measurement results are produced and documented within 24 hours, with reconstructed video, photo, date, time, material type, tonnage, who measured and date measured are provided with a corresponding stockpile contour map.
- Stockpiles are labeled and displayed as both individual sites on a Google Map and as a separate stockpile report. Users can view changing shape of individual stockpiles and locations on site over time.
- iPhone 6 camera brings low-light and focus improvements to help reduce sun flare, movement and late afternoon measurements taken at quarries and construction sites in variable weather and temperatures.
- New larger 4.7” landscape view enables users to easily select sites and materials via the App with gloves and view through safety glasses.
- Stockpile App’s Smart Collect feature utilizes Apple’s new A8 processor. This enables stockpile measurers to review multiple stockpile videos prior to upload, make rotation or speed corrections on the spot, and be confident that the video captures image details necessary to reconstruct 3D volume results.
About Stockpile Reports, LLC: Stockpile Reports, founded in 2012, is based in Redmond, WA. The company currently services 8 out of the top 10 Aggregate companies in the US. The patent-pending Stockpiles App delivers accurate stockpile volume, tonnage and pile locations for customers using an Apple iPhone device, Walking Wheel, GPS or Laser data. For more information visit http://www.stockpilereports.com