We’ve learned a lot by processing more than a million iPhone videos from dedicated users since we soft launched in May. As a result, our app is fine-tuned to provide the best user experience possible.
Seattle, WA and Boston, MA (PRWEB) September 24, 2014
Shoot a video (or choose one already shot) and Vhoto quickly gets to work, immediately presenting a selection of high-res photos of the best moments that can be saved or shared. Vhoto also creates short video highlights or ‘Clips’ to easily share the most important parts of the video. Vhoto is intelligent, understanding what pictures the user likes and helping find the best ones. It’s perfect for selfies, group shots, action, the kids or pets. Vhoto helps make sure precious moments are never missed.
- Ever missed the perfect shot? – At parties, weddings, sporting events or with the family, photos are often taken a few seconds before or after the right moment.. Vhoto lets users video the action and then select that perfect shot afterwards. The ‘Time Shift’ feature moves the shot backwards or forwards in time for perfect fine-tuning.
- High Resolution– Vhoto delivers great quality, particularly for an iPhone 5 or later which provides stunning pictures in a resolution of up to 1080p.
- Smart Camera – Users can choose to work with their own videos but if they use their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch camera, Vhoto will do an even better job of zeroing in on magic moments. There is even a night mode feature that allows recording in near darkness without a flash.
- Add Some Effects – Perfect shot delivered, now with awesome filters built-in editing tools to enhance the look. Vhoto has 7 different editing functions and 20 different filters to choose from.
- Video is Covered Too – Don’t worry! With the ‘Clip’ feature, Vhoto selects up to 6 seconds from video as a highlight – ideal for sharing great moments socially.
Vhoto, the company that finds amazing photos through the power of video, announced today the availability of the app. Available to download on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch for free, Vhoto’s awesome technology scans user videos and uncovers the best photos that can be saved or shared. Never miss a moment. The app is ideal for selfies, action shots, the kids, sporting events, pets and group pictures - anything that is difficult to capture with a single photo.
Available today, Vhoto’s proprietary computer vision technology evaluates over 20 dimensions - including sharpness, contrast, faces, smiles, novelty and user intent - to quickly extract the best moments from video. Vhoto’s machine-learning technology analyzes a user’s choices and ensures that every time it processes a video, it gets smarter.
“We’ve learned a lot by processing more than a million iPhone videos from dedicated users since we soft launched in May. As a result, our app is fine-tuned to provide the best user experience possible,” said Noah Heller, Vhoto’s CEO. “Vhoto is now better, faster and the images we present to our users are of fantastic quality.”
Vhoto features include:
- Best shot – super fast algorithm to find the best photo moments from videos
- High resolution - higher resolution on newer phones (1080p)
- Time Shift - moves the shot backwards or forwards in time for fine tuning
- Night mode - lets recording in near darkness without flash
- Vhoto Clip - press and hold in edit view to automatically save a six second clip of the video
- Filters - more than 20 to choose from
- Editing - tools that let users adjust sharpness, brightness and saturation
- Discover - see images that are taken locally or around the world
With Vhoto, users can easily take a video using the Vhoto camera app or choose a video from their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch’s library. Vhoto’s proprietary technology automatically finds amazing photos hidden inside each video. Users can save or share their favorite photos on social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - or with the Vhoto community.
The Vhoto App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is available for free exclusively in the App Store worldwide. For more information about Vhoto, please visit http://www.vho.to.
Vhoto finds amazing photos hidden inside your videos. With Vhoto’s intelligent technology, you never miss a moment. From a baby’s first time walking to an awesome slam dunk to the lead singer stage diving into the crowd, Vhoto selects the best photos from your video and presents them to you to share and enjoy. Founded by CEO Noah Heller and Chairman Hugh Crean, Vhoto has received $3.1 million in venture capital financing from Polaris Partners, Atlas Venture and Maveron, and has offices in Seattle and Boston.
+44 (0) 7827 816 971